Keary Colbert and T. Calico - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keary Colbert and T. Calico

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby xbird » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:06 pm

You can get both late in the draft. I grabbed Calico as my #4 WR.
What most are missing is Calico's incredible upside. I've seen him
play, and he reminds me of T.O.-size, speed and incredible acceleration after the catch. Colbert is probably the safer pick,but,
why play it safe that late.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:45 am

Colbert seriously needs to work on dropping far less passes. 51% of the passes thrown his way went incomplete, and a good number of those were drops. Pretty staggering numbers from two angles. One, it's unreal how many passes went uncaught. Two, it's amazing how great his numbers could be if he works on his hands and runs sharper routes. Something to chew on a bit.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby toofunny » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:52 am

houstonherdfan wrote:
evil_beaver_dp wrote:It sounds to me like Colbert is being undervalued while both Bennet and Calico are overvalued at the moment. I think I'd take Colbert over either of them.

Bennet put up most of his numbers against poor (to say it nicely) defenses while the Titans really aired out their offense with nothing to lose, something I doubt they do much of this season. Also, Bennet will struggle as a number one receiver without Mason drawing the top CB and safety help away from him.

In the case of Colbert, he has a legit number one running with him in Steve Smith, and Colbert is a borderline number one receiver himself.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!

Colbert a borderline number 1? How many Panther games did you watch last year? You need to update to hi def or something, cause your single is fuzzy.

Last 4 games,

5 catches
1 catch
1 catch
2 catches

1 TD.

And he drops balls like he's from the Seahawk farm system. He's a weak #2 at best.

Drew Bennett

12 catches
13 catches
2 catches
2 catches

6 TDs

If Bennett is there, and you take Colbert, just retire from FF and save yourself the heartburn.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tiki » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:14 pm

toofunny wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:
evil_beaver_dp wrote:It sounds to me like Colbert is being undervalued while both Bennet and Calico are overvalued at the moment. I think I'd take Colbert over either of them.

Bennet put up most of his numbers against poor (to say it nicely) defenses while the Titans really aired out their offense with nothing to lose, something I doubt they do much of this season. Also, Bennet will struggle as a number one receiver without Mason drawing the top CB and safety help away from him.

In the case of Colbert, he has a legit number one running with him in Steve Smith, and Colbert is a borderline number one receiver himself.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!

Colbert a borderline number 1? How many Panther games did you watch last year? You need to update to hi def or something, cause your single is fuzzy.

Last 4 games,

5 catches
1 catch
1 catch
2 catches

1 TD.

And he drops balls like he's from the Seahawk farm system. He's a weak #2 at best.

Drew Bennett

12 catches
13 catches
2 catches
2 catches

6 TDs

If Bennett is there, and you take Colbert, just retire from FF and save yourself the heartburn.

I disagree, Drew Bennet had Mason being the main priority, I don't think Bennet can handle the heat of the #1 CB coverinbg him. Colbert is the #2 and was the #2 last year while Smith Was out. And his role this year will be more important and he will be better this year. Colbert was only a rookie last year.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ek » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:07 pm

Exaclty. Colbert was in fact the #2 for most of last season and will be the #2 again, so I wouldn't expect a huge change in his #s, although they should improve some from experience and comfort level with Delhomme. I'd be happy with 6-800 yds and 5-7 TDs, which makes him a viable backup receiver.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk