How Does 6 Points for TD Passes Affect Drafting? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Does 6 Points for TD Passes Affect Drafting?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:31 pm

About the only real change is that you can absolutely legitimize taking Manning in the first rd. Other than that, it doesn't affect my rankings much.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:04 pm

Tiki wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
Tiki wrote:Depends on league size, but in the League I was in last year we gave 6 pts. per TD for QB's, C-Pep and Manning were #1 & #2 with most overall points, so if they are to have repeats years, they might be worth a #1 pick, but I don't think I would draft a QB with my first pick. ;-D

even with 4 points per td manning and culpepper are 1 and 2. I think P Manning should be 1 overall with 6 per td pass.

Actuallly C-pep had a better fantasy year than Manning, or atleast in my league!

yeah, he was #1 in alot of leagues and was number 1 with 4 pts per td. But with upcoming drafts if it were 6 points per td I think Manning should be the number 1 pick. I think he is a sure as one could be about anyone finishing at the top of his position.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shockizzle » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:46 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:I don't factor it in much. In my leagues with my friends we do 50/6 scoring and QB's normally score about the same as 25/4. Now, if you're in a 25/6 league, Manning is your best friend. In that case, I would defientely factor in the stats and go for a top QB.

It is 25/6. So, it looks like I'm going to be grabbing Peyton if he falls to wehrever my position is in the 1st round.

What about Culpepper... Would you take with the, say, 7th or 8th pick?
Shockizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:50 pm

Shockizzle wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:I don't factor it in much. In my leagues with my friends we do 50/6 scoring and QB's normally score about the same as 25/4. Now, if you're in a 25/6 league, Manning is your best friend. In that case, I would defientely factor in the stats and go for a top QB.

It is 25/6. So, it looks like I'm going to be grabbing Peyton if he falls to wehrever my position is in the 1st round.

dont take Pepper in the first round and dont take Manning unless you are outside of top 3 IMO
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:37 pm

Shockizzle wrote:

The only QB I would go for with your first round pick would be Manning. If he goes before you then I would aim for a big-yardage guy like Collins or Green who also score a lot of TD's.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:40 pm

my league has six point per passing TD and the only QB selected in the first round was Peyton Manning. Culpepper and McNabb are usually second round choices, but don't go overboard with a QB, it doesn't affect things all that much, RBs are still the difference makers.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shockizzle » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Ok, I forgot to mention that could be important on this topic. We get to start an offensive utility man, meaning you can start 2 QB's if you want. How would you utilize this? Pass on the top QB's and grab two mid-tier guys? Take a Manning/CPep/McNabb and a mid-tier QB? Or not start 2 QB's at all?
Shockizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:11 pm

Shockizzle wrote:Ok, I forgot to mention that could be important on this topic. We get to start an offensive utility man, meaning you can start 2 QB's if you want. How would you utilize this? Pass on the top QB's and grab two mid-tier guys? Take a Manning/CPep/McNabb and a mid-tier QB? Or not start 2 QB's at all?

In this case, haveing a QB in the Util spot is very important. In that case, I'd try to go for two mid-level guys liek Collins/Delhomme/Brady/Brees. One can be the starting Qb, the other can be in the flex.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

blah blah

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 pm

(edit - unnecessary comment.)
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk