C Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

C Brown

Postby toofunny » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:46 am

It's funny how JJ is ADP of 16, but Brown is 39.

Last 4 games played last year, Brown was the better back. Overall he had an edge.

It seems like if brown would have been hurt the first 5-6 games then did what he did the last half, people would be going nuts over him. Both guys were hurt.

Now of course Henry lowers his value. I'm not sure if it's brown being too low, or JJ being too high. And it's not like JJ doesn't have his problems. I've heard they want to keep him at 18-20 carries a game, and brought in help to share the load.

You can toss Bell in there too. Seems like how people finish the year strong weighs far more heavily then starting. If you get hurt early, you can repair your image with a strong finish. But Brown was a stud out of the gates. People then traded for him, make him the next RB stud, then he got hurt. So now he's made of glass and sucks. Hrm.

Anyone think Brown is undervalued at 39? I've seen people recommending JJ in top 10, which seems insane. I'm just trying to see if there's hidden value in Brown based on sour experiences of people jumping the gun on him. I just think people who start strong then fade, people avoid like the plague. Then people who start slow and finish strong, are usually projected into elite status the following year.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:33 am

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=138678

We beat this to death pretty well in there. I think you will find at least a few folks here, myself included, that agree with you. Giving C. Brown the label of "injury prone" is a jump. Turf toe is a nasty, lingering issue.

Had all things been equal and Henry not entered into the equation, I would have gladly cast my lot with him without hesitation. Henry being there though certainly does put a cloud around everything.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk