Aussieboy's overvalued players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Aussieboy's overvalued players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan04 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:13 pm

Bennett is definetly going too high. He thrived last year because he was the #2 WR behind Mason and he doesn't have that benefit this year. Also, a couple huge games inflated his stats.

Johnson I also agree with, people seem to be assuming Priest gets injured.

Everyone else I agree with except Ward. Now that Roethlisberger has a year under his belt the Steelers will be more confident to throw and Ward will be targeted more than last year.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:45 pm

Evolution wrote:I'll agree with every one there except Ward. There is no reason why Ward won't bounce back... everyone suffers with a rookie QB at the helm, no matter who it is.

The thing though is that Roethlisberger had a QB rating of 98 last season. How much better do you expect him to get? What I was saying is that, Ward's numbers suffer as a consequence of the type of offense he is in, not because of a young QB. Pittsburgh don't really have that vertical passing game that helps accumulate yardage quickly, they pass to move the chains. So whilst Ward may get 6 or 7 receptions in a game, it'll usually be for like 50 or 60 yards. His average yards per catch is really low, like really really low. If your league rewards points per reception, then Ward becomes a bit more appealing but otherwise I think he is overrated.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk