Kevin Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Jones

Postby tds04 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:54 am

I'd like to know what Kevin Jones ADP is. I have the 8th pick in the first round of a 10 team league and I'm considering him. I like his upside a lot more than Dillon, Portis, Rudi, Green, Lewis, and DD, other RBs whose ADP is probably higher than KJs.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:37 am

Right now his ADP in a 12 team league is about 2.01....meaning you should be able to get him at 2.03, yours being a 10 teamer.

Although I agree with you, he has insane, first round potential this upcoming season. Three healthy, talented wide receivers to keep defenses honest against the pass...and an extremely easy SOS, capped off with GB, Cincy, and New Orleans in fantasy playoffs.

Though the only ones out of that list that are really being taken over KJ are Portis, Lewis, and DD.

So if you could get any of those three in the first and KJ in the second you'd have a really great start. And even if KJ doesn't make it through the four picks behind you, I think JJ or Dillon sould compensate...
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Shockizzle » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:38 am

At AntSports, in a 10-teamer is ADP is 2.02. At other websites, he's going higher thatn that around the 14th player.

If I were you I'd consider DD, Jamal, and Portis over him.
Shockizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mrider » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:05 am

You should draft someone else wait for Jones and if he doesnt drop to you trade for him. In my 3 leagues once he dropped down to 27!!!!!!
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:44 am

I'm in a 10 teamer, picked up Jamal Lewis at 1.06 and Kevin Jones at 2.05.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:03 am

Shockizzle wrote:At AntSports, in a 10-teamer is ADP is 2.02. At other websites, he's going higher thatn that around the 14th player.

If I were you I'd consider DD, Jamal, and Portis over him.

I agree with this but one thing to consider is that Portis, Lewis, DD and KJ all have bye week 3. That's something to think about if you plan on picking one in the 1st and KJ in the 2nd.

Not that that would stop me if I wanted 2 quality backs in the 1st 2 rds, but it's something to think about when planning your next picks.

In one mock I was able to effectively boot week 3 by picking Portis, KJ, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, Todd Heap and Balt DST's in the 1st 6 rds. But that has it's downside too(good 1st 6 starters but hard to build rb depth that way. and that's assuming you like Andre as your 1st wr, Roy as your 2nd wr, think Heap is gonna be healthy and want to pick a DST that early.) even if you are "lucky" enough for your draft to fall that way after you commit yourself during the 1st 3 or 4 picks.

But my point was, be aware that all those guys(Portis, Lewis, DD, KJ) have the same bye.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby socceryank » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:26 am

I understand the concerns about the bye weeks, but don't let it affect your draft decision. Just get the best possible players available. The worst is that you have to fill in for one week, but you will be at full strength at RB's the rest of the season.

I also would select Jamal or Portis over KJ right now. Granted, they have 3 great receivers, but there is too much uncertainty at the QB position, even with Garcia. I think Jamal and Portis will both bounce back very nicely this year.
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Kevin Jones

Postby cordscords » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:40 am

tds04 wrote:I'd like to know what Kevin Jones ADP is. I have the 8th pick in the first round of a 10 team league and I'm considering him. I like his upside a lot more than Dillon, Portis, Rudi, Green, Lewis, and DD, other RBs whose ADP is probably higher than KJs.

I like him better than Dillon, Rudi, and DD. I like Portis, Green, and Lewis Better.

I was able to snag KJ at 3.2 in a ten team league B-)
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm

Wow! I can't believe the stories that I'm hearing about how he's falling. Good news.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Kevin Jones

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:47 pm

cordscords wrote:
tds04 wrote:I'd like to know what Kevin Jones ADP is. I have the 8th pick in the first round of a 10 team league and I'm considering him. I like his upside a lot more than Dillon, Portis, Rudi, Green, Lewis, and DD, other RBs whose ADP is probably higher than KJs.

I like him better than Dillon, Rudi, and DD. I like Portis, Green, and Lewis Better.

I was able to snag KJ at 3.2 in a ten team league B-)

Was that in a 10 team draft? Nevermind, says right there it was.
Sorry.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk