Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League?

Postby ScrappyDoo » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:49 am

I was wondering what draft pick or picks are considered the best in this years drafts. Since RB is really deep I find that the 5-7th picks are very good. What would you rank the best 3 picks, in terms of value, depth, and players that should be available.
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shockizzle » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:04 pm

I think the 1 and 2 picks this year are the best. You can't go wrong with Alexander or LT2.
Shockizzle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:09 pm

I'd still probably want one of the first three picks to get the top RB's. With less teams taking players away, you're going to want the best talent as possible. Pretty much everyone is going to have a tough team at all positions.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:11 pm

Shockizzle wrote:I think the 1 and 2 picks this year are the best. You can't go wrong with Alexander or LT2.

Ugh, half right. You can't go wrong with either of the Top 2 picks, but the Priest is your man, not SA.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby AHill84006 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:11 pm

My opinion, I would want 9th or 10th. That wqay I could get two top 10-15 picks pretty close together. There is quite a bit of depth this year at RB, and after Manning and Culpepper, the QBs are pretty even. So, I would probably want a top WR and a RB with my 2 picks there.....just my opinion.
AHill84006
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ScrappyDoo » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:12 pm

Obviously you cant go wrong with those two picks but with 7-8 top tier RBs available in the first round picks 5-7th can grab a great running back and scoop up another good RB or a daunte culpepper before picks 1 and 2 can use their 19th and 20th picks. I would rather have 7th and grab Edge and then get another RB at 14th.
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gtabaplayr » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:13 pm

I'll take 3 anyday. The leftovers will be tasty. Plus you can get a quality RB with your next pick then a top WR, a nice way to start your draft.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gtabaplayr » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:15 pm

ScrappyDoo wrote:Obviously you cant go wrong with those two picks but with 7-8 top tier RBs available in the first round picks 5-7th can grab a great running back and scoop up another good RB or a daunte culpepper before picks 1 and 2 can use their 19th and 20th picks. I would rather have 7th and grab Edge and then get another RB at 14th.

IMO there aren't 7-8 top tier RBs. There are 3: LT2, Priest, SA. Everyone else is a good distance back going into the draft this year.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:19 pm

I'd agree with top 1 or 2, with SA at number two definitely for me. That way you don't have to risk the injury to Priest and don't have to waste a 5th or 6th round pick on LJ. I see most of the talent in the second round pretty close and with the high first round pick you get a good high third rond pick as well.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ScrappyDoo » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:23 pm

priest lt and SA are on another level but the picks from then on are very even
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next