Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:43 pm

give me number 10 and I will be happy
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:46 pm

I like #1 but I'm also liking 9 and 10 in a ten team draft. You get two very good RBs in the first and second and there are still some top level WRs and TEs available in the 3rd and 4th.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:49 pm

I all about having the late 1st round pick and the early 2nd rounder on the backswing.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:27 pm

I really like in this order 1st, 3rd, and 2nd this year.

1st you get LT, and can still pickup a solid #2 RB, and either a top 5 WR or top 3 QB in the 3rd.

3rd, you get whoever out of LT, Priest, or Alexander that drops to you, and either a top WR, or very good #2 RB, with lots of potential for a guy like Joe Horn or better in the 3rd.

2nd, you get Priest or LT, its much like the 3rd, except I'd rather have the higher 2nd rounder and later 3rd. Especially since many people are letting Priest drop to 3rd overall anyway.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:05 pm

I really like the #1 pick this year...sadly, I have 7th in my 10-teamer.

In many mock drafts, I constantly see a combo of LT, LaMont/Westbrook/Tatum/Jackson, and Chad Johnson, which is a killer trio. Sometimes the team looks even better if a more proven back falls to the end of the 2nd, which isn't out of the question.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:16 pm

I like either early(premier RB, then 2 stud WR's at the 2/3 turn) or late(best RB/best WR at the 1/2 turn the Gonzo/best RB at the 3/4 turn)

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:58 pm

I had a mock with

Priest/Owens/Holt/Westbrook in that order from 3rd pick. I doubt I'ed see a back like Westbrook fall to the 4th round but if I did that team would have been nigh unstoppable. (I followed those WR picks with Michael Clayton, Chris Chambers, Dieon Branch... and the people in the draft were suprisingly competent.)

It goes without saying that I think picks 3-4 are the best pick this season. People have been consistently picking manning 1-3 and I'm happy to pick priest or SA at 4. Unless you're in a really hardcore league SOMEONE WILL draft Manning in the first 4 spots unless your league hates QBs
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gtabaplayr » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:35 pm

I just did a mock and I had the 12th pick. Granted I got two solid running backs, the wait for the 3rd and 4th round picks were real tough and I really didn't like what was left especially at WR.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:05 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:I just did a mock and I had the 12th pick. Granted I got two solid running backs, the wait for the 3rd and 4th round picks were real tough and I really didn't like what was left especially at WR.

That's why, in that position, I've been taking a RB/WR at the 1/2 turn and Gonzo or Gates/best RB at the 3/4 turn.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Don't Worry!

Postby tds04 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:41 pm

Most first year owners in a FF league are too concerned with who they will take with their first pick. I say relax!! Your chances of getting a solid, reliable player are obviously very good, no matter if you take LT with a first pick or Jamal Lewis with a tenth pick. Same for your second and third round picks. Even if you have the 10th pick in all three rounds your team will still be a contender. No, you will not have LT, or SA, Manning, Daunte, or Randy Moss, but you could possibly have Jamal Lewis, Steven Jackson, and Reggie Wayne. Not a bad way to start a draft I'd say. I recommend spending the majority of you FF study time in finding those mid to late round studs that will blow away their ADP (average draft position) Every year a handful or more of these mid to late round players end up outperforming the so-called surefire players taken in the first few rounds of a draft. For example, I drafted Jamal Lewis with the 10th pick in the first round of a ten team league last year. A friend of mine drafted Antonio Gates in the 13th. Incidently, I think Jamal will be better this year both mentally and physically. Anyway, good luck!
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk