Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Draft Pick in 10 Team League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:51 pm

I am liking a late 1st round pick this year...in one draft I was in I got Duece 1st round, Portis 2nd round, Horn 3rd round, Gonzo 4th round, thats a really solid start to a team....
tuff_gong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:29 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I am liking a late 1st round pick this year...in one draft I was in I got Duece 1st round, Portis 2nd round, Horn 3rd round, Gonzo 4th round, thats a really solid start to a team....

I had that very same 1st 4 rds earlier in an antsports mock except I took Gonzo then Horn.

I personally can't believe Deuce lasting that long and then being able to get Portis(who I actually have ranked 1 spot ahead of Deuce, but who is consistantly falling to me at 11. I took Deuce 1st there figuring there was a better chance of Portis falling to 14 than Deuce) in the 2nd. I would love that to happen like that in my money league.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby socceryank » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:51 pm

I like anything except 4-7. The benefits of drafting early or late in the first round are equal. The RB's that will be available in the 2nd half of the 1st round are fairly equal, but if you have a 5 pick, you lose a tier by the time it gets back to you in the second.
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:19 am

I just drafted from #1 on sportingnews and got LT2, C-Pep, and Holt.....Oh yeah. I'll take that.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:50 pm

It depends a lot on scoring systems. But in a ten teamer you can't beat the number one spot. You land LT or Manning, again depending on scoring systems, and land a solid #2 RB and top teir QB or WR is very likely with picks 2 and 3.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk