Best Late Round Flier - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Late Round Flier

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:46 pm

I think Moe Williams and Chris Cooley offer good value as they can both be had after round 14.

Williams if healthy should be back to stealing TD's and could be a good bye week filler.

Cooley proved he is gold in the red zone and I think he is going to have a breakout season as Gibbs will attempt to utilize him more this season. Plus he has an awesome name ;-D
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:34 pm

Mike Anderson. Everyone assumes Bell will be the starter, but all reports right now say that Mike Anderson is #1 on the depth chart. Even other players on the Broncos' team say that they think it's Mike's job to lose.

I just picked him up in round 13 of a 10 team league. Even if he loses his job to Bell, if Bell were to get hurt, he could re-gain the job.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GMoney » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:40 pm

Well personally i have no problem taking a chance on rookie WRs late in the draft ala. Reggie Brown and Vincent Jackson especially.

Both are small school, relatively unknown guys with IMMENSE physical talent on teams with suspect at best WR corps.

Greg lewis, Kevin Curtis are both huge speed guys on the outside but are never going to catch 80 balls in a year and actually provide a starting option for a FF team.

Brown and Jackson could both be that guy on their teams, possibly even this year.

With TO being TO and Pinky being Pinky.... McNabb needs to throw the ball somewhere.

In SD McCardell prolly has 1 year left at best, Cladwell has been going to have a breakout year for the past 3 seasons now. this is his 4th year... thats about the time i start to give up on 2nd round picks who havent stayed healthy or produced for an entire year.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hastur » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:35 am

If I already have a solid QB(top 5) I'll take a gamble on Gus Ferrotte. His WR crew is pretty good, and they have a decent running game(no, I'm not talking about Rasta, either :-) ).
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby fx495232 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:48 am

travis taylor
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous