NFL Network...what's the deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NFL Network...what's the deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Network...what's the deal?

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:53 pm

Ok, this is my first year with the NFL network so go easy on me if this is going to change.

Every time I flip to the network it's "2004 Houston Texans (or some other team) Highlights." Now, am I wrong, or did we just have 4 months with nothing else going on to go through all this stuff? With training camp opening this week meaning they no longer have a black hole of no news to report, shouldn't they be giving us some training camp reports, or even showing us training camps (if they can do that)?

Bleh, nobody cares about the 2004 Arizona Cardinals team highlights.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:04 pm

I totally agree.

Nfl Total Access is about the only produced show that's on a daily run at the moment.

Once the season gets going though...you'll be in heaven. Coach Speak and Point After are ;-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:20 pm

awwchrist wrote:I totally agree.

Nfl Total Access is about the only produced show that's on a daily run at the moment.

Once the season gets going though...you'll be in heaven. Coach Speak and Point After are ;-D

I love total access. But that's all they have going right now.

This preseason they have 55 games.

The stations popularity is growing and with that they will pour more money into it. Rerunning those highlights is filling space they can't afford to otherwise fill.

I think with this preseason and season coming, you will see a big difference with this channel. Next year's offseason should be better. But still, there isn't alot to talk about until August with the exception of the draft.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby UtopianHopes » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:30 pm

Only thing else they have going on was dolphins cheerleading, games of the week, in their own voice, and history at prestiges head coaches (might be the same as their own voices), and hey rookie show .

your correct with your second question nothing is going on worth reporting so they show a majority of highlights. Plus, what can they show. Even espn has fillers of different sports (fishing competition, out back sports,pool, bowling, etc), when you only focus on one sport. You can't really do much during the off-season.

Training camp just opening up (dolphins and Bears today), so your going to hear more, but I doubt it will change. You will just going to hear more interesting stuff in the nfl total access show.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:27 pm

You want to be listening to the radio right now instead of watching NFL Network. I have NFL Radio on Sirius, and let me tell you it's incredible. Dan Reeves is my favorite personality because he gives you the inside views on players and coaches in the league that you really can't get anywhere else. Don't get me started on how great Pat Kirwan is also, that guy is a freaking encyclopedia full of football information, it's amazing.

And it keeps you up to date on all the latest happenings in the league, sometimes before the stuff even comes out on the internet. Great way to fill the time in the offseason between mini-camp and training camp.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:40 pm

And wish they could show some regular season games...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:31 am

I'm really hoping the Dolphins Cheerleader show bombs. If it does well by any stretch of the imagination, they will produce more drama reality type shows.

The NFL network says there is no offseason, but what do you call a show about a bunch of girls whimpering about how hard it is to dance and make a cheerleading gig. I know its hard work to make a cheerleading squad, but I don't want to watch it! I'd much rather watch a game from this past season. Or analysis of the upcoming season.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:37 am

hastur wrote:I'm really hoping the Dolphins Cheerleader show bombs. If it does well by any stretch of the imagination, they will produce more drama reality type shows.

The NFL network says there is no offseason, but what do you call a show about a bunch of girls whimpering about how hard it is to dance and make a cheerleading gig. I know its hard work to make a cheerleading squad, but I don't want to watch it! I'd much rather watch a game from this past season. Or analysis of the upcoming season.

Hot chicks and high kicks what's not to like ;-D
It is sort of funny that's the best show they have right now.

And damn it NFL network made me late for work yesterday, 2004 Redskins was on at 8:30am SWEEEET.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 am

Redskins Win wrote:
hastur wrote:I'm really hoping the Dolphins Cheerleader show bombs. If it does well by any stretch of the imagination, they will produce more drama reality type shows.

And damn it NFL network made me late for work yesterday, 2004 Redskins was on at 8:30am SWEEEET.

Hot chicks, yes. Clothes on, yes. Tears, drama, whining, yes.

I don't get it, whats the connection between you being late for work and the 20...........oh, you WATCHED the show WILLINGLY....i get it...... :-D
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:52 am

hastur wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

Hot chicks, yes. Clothes on, yes. Tears, drama, whining, yes.

I don't get it, whats the connection between you being late for work and the 20...........oh, you WATCHED the show WILLINGLY....i get it...... :-D
'

Yeah, that damn NFL network gives so much optimisim. They just kept clammoring on how great the redskins would be this up coming season, I just couldn't pull myself away.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk