NFL Network...what's the deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NFL Network...what's the deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hastur » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:02 am

Don't worry, they're doing the same exact thing to me... :,-(
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:39 pm

Kensat30 wrote:You want to be listening to the radio right now instead of watching NFL Network. I have NFL Radio on Sirius, and let me tell you it's incredible. Dan Reeves is my favorite personality because he gives you the inside views on players and coaches in the league that you really can't get anywhere else. Don't get me started on how great Pat Kirwan is also, that guy is a freaking encyclopedia full of football information, it's amazing.

And it keeps you up to date on all the latest happenings in the league, sometimes before the stuff even comes out on the internet. Great way to fill the time in the offseason between mini-camp and training camp.
Meh, don't even get me started. Pisses me off more and more that I backed the wrong pony in the satellite field. :-#
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:44 pm

MadScott wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:You want to be listening to the radio right now instead of watching NFL Network. I have NFL Radio on Sirius, and let me tell you it's incredible. Dan Reeves is my favorite personality because he gives you the inside views on players and coaches in the league that you really can't get anywhere else. Don't get me started on how great Pat Kirwan is also, that guy is a freaking encyclopedia full of football information, it's amazing.

And it keeps you up to date on all the latest happenings in the league, sometimes before the stuff even comes out on the internet. Great way to fill the time in the offseason between mini-camp and training camp.
Meh, don't even get me started. Pisses me off more and more that I backed the wrong pony in the satellite field. :-#

You are? I thought more of you than that. :-b . Switch over MS, Direct is giving some pretty nice deals out right now.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrider » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:40 pm

i was thinking about purchasing this channel how much does it cost also. NFL Sunday Ticket how much is that for the season?
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:56 pm

Right now its 219 before July 1st and 239 after, for the ticket.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Game of the Week

Postby anderbudd » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:16 pm

NFL Network is the only thing that carries me through February to August. Yes, they do repeat programs too often. As ESPN does with Sportcenter, NFL Total Access, the news program, is played every single morning over and over from 4 AM to 11 AM. And yes, typically there is so little news that a big deal is made out of little things.

I have enjoyed their coverage of NFL Europe, just for the few real NFL players you get to see in action (GO AKILI SMITH!).

I think if I could change one thing about their format, it would be to rebroadcast games in their entirety over the course of the week, rather than in a 1 hour "Game of the Week," format. I'd much rather watch a game from start to finish than only the scoring drives interladen with inspirational music.

Another nice thing would be rebroadcasts of playoff games from previous years. Give me back Earl Campbell and the Steel Curtain, the Catch, and the Bills skunking the Oilers for the greatest comeback ever.

I don't want the drama - I just want to watch the game :~(
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:20 am

mutantseabass wrote:
MadScott wrote:

You are? I thought more of you than that. :-b . Switch over MS, Direct is giving some pretty nice deals out right now.

Oh, I've got DirecTV and the Sunday ticket, it's just that I chose XM over Sirius and I mean it was not more than a minute after I activated the POS that they announced a deal with the NFL. Now that Stern's going that way too, I'm going to ride out my XM contract and hop on Sirius early next year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:36 am

I dream of having access to NFL network. Obviously it's not available in Australia. Every offseason I wish I had recorded more reg season games from the prior season.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrider » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:05 am

mutantseabass wrote:Right now its 219 before July 1st and 239 after, for the ticket.

Thats for the info do you people thinks its worth it. I have Rogers Digital Cable and I get 4 games regardless so is it worth it.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:29 pm

I bought the little boom box just so I can plug in my Sirius and listen to NFL Radio all day at work and not just in my car. How can you not like talk about teams 3rd string WR in May? ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk