$20 Slow Auction Points League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

$20 Slow Auction Points League

Moderator: Football Moderators

$20 Slow Auction Points League

Postby MayberryNut1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:02 pm

Thanks for checking out my league information. The proposed league is a re-draft with 10 teams. I have another excellent owner interested, so I am looking for 8 experienced, competitive, and classy owners. Below is the league information. Let me know if there are any questions.

LEAGUE SITE: The league will be housed at Yahoo!.

ENTRY FEE: The league entry fee will be $20. Dues should be submitted to the commissioner prior to the start of the auction. Paypal, money order, and personal checks are acceptable, but Paypal is preferred.

LEAGUE PRIZES: Cash prizes will be awarded as follows: First place $120 Second place $50 Third place $25

DRAFT: Auction format...$100 maximum, $1 increments. A slow auction will be held here at the cafe starting in mid-August. All starters and bench players will be acquired via auction. All 10 teams will nominate players to be bid on in rounds. For example, round 1 will allow every owner to nominate a player, and round 2 will begin when all 10 players have been acquired. A player will be officially acquired when 10 hours pass with no additional bids.

ROSTER: The starting line up will include the following: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, TE, K, DEF. There will be 8 bench players.

SCORING: This is a cumulative points league. This is not a H2H league. The team with the most total points at the end of the season wins. There will be no playoffs. I prefer this format because I feel it is more balanced than H2H. If you have never tried it before, it is a nice change of pace.

Offense
1 pt per 25 passing yards
1 pt per 10 rushing or receiving yards
1 pt per 30 kick/punt return yards
6 pts per passing, rushing, receiving, kick/punt/fumble return TD
-2 pts per INT thrown or fumble lost
2 pts per 2 point conversion
3 pts per FG 0-39 yds
4 pts per FG 40-49 yds
5 pts per FG 50+ yds
1 pt per XP
-1 pt per missed FG 0-39 yds
-1 pt per missed XP

Defense
3 pts per sack
3 pts per INT or fumble recovery
6 pts per TD
2 pts per safety
1 pt per blocked kick
12 pts per 0 points allowed
6 points per 1-6 points allowed
4 points per 7-13 points allowed
2 points per 14-20 points allowed

Note that kick and punt return points are awarded to individual offensive players, not defensive teams. Fractional points are awarded for yardage. Example: 5 rushing yards = 0.5 points.

TRADES: Trades are approved by league majority vote. Owners have 48 hours to approve or reject a trade. The trading deadline will be 12/2/05.

WAIVERS/FREE AGENTS: Each team will begin the season with $20 to acquire free agents. The minimum bid on a free agent will be $1. Bids must be received 48 hours prior to the kickoff of the opening game each week. The highest bidder will acquire the free agent. Bidding results will be posted at least 24 hours prior to kickoff of the first game each week.

I will be up front with you in that I am requesting a very modest $5 of the total pot to manage the league and all free agent bids/acquisitions. I believe that this is fair and I hope you feel the same way. Be assured that I am on the up and up and will provide you with my name, e-mail address, and mailing address before you submit your league dues. I have been a commissioner for 8 years and have always maintained a successful and well-operated league.

If you are interested, please send me a PM and I will reply to you with the league number and password.

MayberryNut1 ;-D
Nip it in the bud!!!
MayberryNut1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds