Benson/TJones Both playable?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson/TJones Both playable??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:54 pm

The value Jones offers right now (where you can draft him compared to his potential output) best case scenerio would be that Jones starts the first couple of weeks. If he goes and puts up quality numbers the first 4 weeks it will be tough for the Bears to pull him, and it would be a huge sell high player for you.

The other scenierio out there is that Jones, gets his 10 carries a game and is a second hand back. Then worse comes to worse you have picked up a decent #4 back with your 12 round pick, you should be happy with that either way.

I love the fact you are able to pick this guy up so damn late in the draft and that most people are reading way too much hype into Benson (seriously lets look at all the rookie RB and compare to a mediocre proven guy).
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:09 am

Goatwhacker wrote:I don't think the Bears drafted Benson to ride the bench. I would stay away from Jones unless you are looking for a guy as a #4 back to help you out early. Over the season I see Benson getting most of the carries and Jones falling into the A-Train role if the Bears history is any indication.

I was totally in agreement with this until lately. All the talk around here is how there is a stumbling block in signing Benson, even after Smith has signed. The Bears feel they have offered a more than fair contract, and meanwhile Jones is getting ALL the reps with the first team. Put it all together and it doesn't sound good for Big Ced to get any quality time this year. Even if he does, the lack of training camp heightens the chance of an injury, so watch for that as well. Jones is the guy to get here, but not too early.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk