"Julie" Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"Julie" Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:55 pm

awwchrist wrote:Hell, incorporate the receptions and just call it touches already.

Wasnt one of the bigger knocks against JJ is his poor reception skills?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby texasmouth » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:58 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Hell, incorporate the receptions and just call it touches already.

Wasnt one of the bigger knocks against JJ is his poor reception skills?

Actually there was. He has made it his number one priority in the off season from what I have read.

As far as KJ goes, I don't see him having any problem getting in the end zone. It doesn't matter who your WR are if it is first and goal, KJ is getting the first crack at it.
Dallas Cowboys fan.
Longhorns Fan.

www.profootballnet.com
A great new site for fantasy football fans.
texasmouth
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:03 pm

He's no worse of a receiver than Alexander, McGahee, Kevin Jones or Rudi Johnson.

Regardless...that wasn't the point I was trying to make.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dplymkr88 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:58 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:no doubt - Im not trying to say JJ is a bad RB or anything along those lines. I have him ranked about 15th among RBs. My entire point is just to temper expectations - Ive seen a lot of rankings placing him as a top 10 fantasy RB, and I have to disagree. I am not saying DAL is a bad team, that Julie is a bad RB, that DAL wont run often, or anything like that.

A lot of times I feel homers stand up and defend what they feel is an attack on their players. Its simply not the case. Only Queen fans can rightfully feel slighted by my criticism - thats one sorry a$$ club right there. :-b

Look - adding depth at RB and landing ATrain and Barber to spell JJ was a great move by DAL - but it DOES negatively affect JJs fantasy aspect from the standpoint he should see fewer carries. Im not going to disagree that from a longterm perspective it will absolutely help JJ remain healthy - but again, thats not the argument.

I'm a Dallas fan but don't feel compelled to defend JJ. My main point of contention is your assertion that A Train won't have to play ST to make the team. Parcells values ST more than any coach I can think of. Hell he's probably not gonna start the best FS on the team b/c he's also the best ST player. Does that tell you what Parcells thinks about ST? I think A Train will be given every chance to be the primary backup, but when it's all said and done, I think MB3 will be #2.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Shader » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:16 pm

Julius Jones avg ypc last year: 4.16
Julius Jones anticipated ypc THIS YEAR 4.5
4.5 * 23 carries= 103.5
103.5 * 16 games = 1656 yards.

If Julius Jones can basically average 4.5 ypc, he'll approach his goal of 1700 yards even with 23 carries per game. Whether he gets 30 carries a game is immaterial, and is unnecessary.

The 20 touchdowns is what I doubt happening.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:40 pm

texasmouth wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I draw conclusions from this general principle:

More/Stronger depth = More competition for carries.

Then every back in the NFL will lose carries this season because the last time I checked, everyone had more than one RB on their roster.

How many teams have a two-time 1,000+ yard RB on their roster again? Among the backup RBs of course.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mnheadliner » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:46 am

Kensat30 wrote:
texasmouth wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I draw conclusions from this general principle:

More/Stronger depth = More competition for carries.

Then every back in the NFL will lose carries this season because the last time I checked, everyone had more than one RB on their roster.

How many teams have a two-time 1,000+ yard RB on their roster again? Among the backup RBs of course.

Ahem.....there is a reason he is a backup and has to perform on special teams to make the team....and it is because he is not a "special" player. Most every player (if given an adequate amount of opportunities or chances) will deviate from their norm at one or two times in their careers. It just happened early on for A-Train.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Osk » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:51 am

1,000 yards rushing isn't even all that impressive...

now, if he was a two time 1,400 yard rusher, then i'd be a little worried about JJ...

barring injury, JJ will have a fine year. He's a solid mid- to late- 2nd round draft pick. If he has a good year this year (i.e. proves himself), then he'll be drafted earlier next year.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby MadScott » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:39 am

Osk wrote:1,000 yards rushing isn't even all that impressive...

now, if he was a two time 1,400 yard rusher, then i'd be a little worried about JJ..

If it's done in 16 games I agree, but Thomas cracked that mark the first time in 14 games (starting ten) and a second time in just 13 games (started all 13). Both years, had he played 16 games, he would have roughly hit the 1300-1400 yd. mark.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235248
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:49 am

after reading this thread and all the previous threads about JJ i am still very much on the fence. although i am leaning towards the pro JJ side of the arguement.

Where does JJ rank in everyones rankings? do you have him ranked above proven vets like Ahman Green and Tiki Barber? Just curious?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk