"Julie" Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"Julie" Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:17 am

I am huge on JJ this year, mainly for all the pro reasons argued in this thread alredy. But to answer the other question I have him ranked 13th in RB after Green but ahead of Barber.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:06 pm

awwchrist wrote:He's no worse of a receiver than Alexander, McGahee, Kevin Jones or Rudi Johnson.

Regardless...that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Im sorry that the focus turned to touches. While I feel that a loss of touches will hurt JJs total yds, I am more concerned that he will lose goalline touches more than anything else.

If he loses goalline touches, where would you guys rank him?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dplymkr88 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:13 pm

if he loses goal line touches he would have to be downgraded some but I really don't feel he will. Although I'm sure everyone would really like to know that going into their drafts...lol
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:25 pm

I wouldn't worry about Anthony Thomas. In fact, it's a favorable situation because you can pick Thomas up as a handcuff, then if Julius gets hurt again, you have another proven runner starting in a run-first offense.

I wouldn't worry about the goal-line situation either. Julius has proven he has a nose for the end zone, at least as much as Anthony Thomas does, so why would Parcells want to sit his stud instead of rewarding him with the score?

Those who downgrade Julius because of Anthony THomas' presence will be sorry.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:59 pm

Osk wrote:1,000 yards rushing isn't even all that impressive...

now, if he was a two time 1,400 yard rusher, then i'd be a little worried about JJ...

barring injury, JJ will have a fine year. He's a solid mid- to late- 2nd round draft pick. If he has a good year this year (i.e. proves himself), then he'll be drafted earlier next year.

I agree, 1000 yds in itself isn't that impressive. Someone else stated he did it in 14 (ten started) and 13 games I believe, and I don't care who you are, that's pretty good. Now the kicker....HE WAS ON THE BEARS!!! That makes it extremely impressive! As much as I hate to say it, JJ is the man unless something very wrong happens, but A-Train will be chomping at the bit to get his shot again, so Jones better be on his toes or the Train might run them over.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bellybrother » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:11 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
awwchrist wrote:He's no worse of a receiver than Alexander, McGahee, Kevin Jones or Rudi Johnson.

Regardless...that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Im sorry that the focus turned to touches. While I feel that a loss of touches will hurt JJs total yds, I am more concerned that he will lose goalline touches more than anything else.

If he loses goalline touches, where would you guys rank him?

As you know, the difference in our opinions ride on the number of touches and the loss of goalline carries. Now I know what Parcell's has said, and no, I don't believe him, we've also had that discussion. That being said, IF he did lose those carries and goalline attempts......then obviously I downgrade him..... below KJ, Tiki, C-Mart, Dom and Ahman...and maybe even Rudi. Still above Jordan, Bell, Jackson, Westbrook. But I DO NOT belive Parcell's when he says.....
A. that Julius only gets 22 carries a game and....
B. that A-Train or Barber takes away the goalline carries......AT LEAST until Julius shows he can't punch it in and I personally believe that he can, hence my ranking of him right above KJ and right below Dillon.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:19 pm

mnheadliner wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
texasmouth wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I draw conclusions from this general principle:

More/Stronger depth = More competition for carries.

Then every back in the NFL will lose carries this season because the last time I checked, everyone had more than one RB on their roster.

How many teams have a two-time 1,000+ yard RB on their roster again? Among the backup RBs of course.

Ahem.....there is a reason he is a backup and has to perform on special teams to make the team....and it is because he is not a "special" player. Most every player (if given an adequate amount of opportunities or chances) will deviate from their norm at one or two times in their careers. It just happened early on for A-Train.

He's only been in the league 4 years now.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:21 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:after reading this thread and all the previous threads about JJ i am still very much on the fence. although i am leaning towards the pro JJ side of the arguement.

Where does JJ rank in everyones rankings? do you have him ranked above proven vets like Ahman Green and Tiki Barber? Just curious?

I have JJ in a tier with other unproven, rookie, or low upside guys like Tatum Bell, Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, Warrick Dunn, etc.....

And he is NOT at the top of that list.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk