Brown's RB worth drafting now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brown's RB worth drafting now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brown's RB worth drafting now?

Postby benm3218 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:44 pm

Better Line Should Mean Better Rushing
Terry Pluto, Akron Beacon Journal

The Browns should be able to run the ball because Ross Verba is gone, the team has added character and talent in new guards Joe Andruzzi and Cosey Coleman, and because Lee Suggs, William Green and Reuben Droughns have all started in the NFL -- and had, at least, limited success.

Yeah, but who would you draft.... unless there's an injury, I wouldn't draft one.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:54 pm

I think Suggs will win the job. Suggs to me seems to have the most talent, period.
Rueben isn't in Denver anymore and could have had mile high stats. Green, who is Green? He had a choice: run or toke. He made his choice and unless injuries cripple Suggs and Droughns, I don't see William getting much play.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 pm

Suggs before any of them.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:17 pm

Suggs will win it easy.. no doubt in my mind.

We'll find out whether Droughns is actually any good or just a by-product of a the Denver system. I dont think Green was that bad of a back (at least his rookie year). I guess we'll find by who ever gets the back up duties
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:26 pm

I have little doubt that Suggs will win the job, it's whether he'll sustain for the entire year. I'm not too keen on placing my bets on a back who seems to be so prone to injury. He's a guy who had injury issues in college and that doesn't seem to have changed much at the pro level.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrider » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:00 pm

Yes I agree, but I dont understand why on a lot of posts on the cafe show Lee on the FA list to me that is just stupid meanwhile they are carrying people like Mike Anderson.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 am

mrider wrote:Yes I agree, but I dont understand why on a lot of posts on the cafe show Lee on the FA list to me that is just stupid meanwhile they are carrying people like Mike Anderson.

Pretty simple really.

Lee Suggs=maybe the starter in what has been a less than stellar fantasy backfield, more likely a RBBC.

M. Anderson=currently listed as #1 on the DEN depth chart at RB, a position that is fantasy gold.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby toofunny » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:01 am

If Suggs is so good, and they had Green, why did they go sign Droughns?
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:50 am

toofunny wrote:If Suggs is so good, and they had Green, why did they go sign Droughns?

B/c it was initially thought Green was going to be cut or traded b/c of his poor attitude. Green though, surprised people and showed up w/ a good attitude and work ethic and therefore kept a job.

You need a capable backup, and if Green wasnt there, somebody has to push the starter for the job.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:54 am

MadScott wrote:
mrider wrote:Yes I agree, but I dont understand why on a lot of posts on the cafe show Lee on the FA list to me that is just stupid meanwhile they are carrying people like Mike Anderson.

Pretty simple really.

Lee Suggs=maybe the starter in what has been a less than stellar fantasy backfield, more likely a RBBC.

M. Anderson=currently listed as #1 on the DEN depth chart at RB, a position that is fantasy gold.

Someone needs to come up with this "depth chart" that shows Mike Anderson as the #1 RB in Denver, b/c as far as I can tell it doesn't exist. Mike Anderson was moved to the FB position two years ago! I've seen a few different people this morning claiming this as fact, yet every depth I found online still shows Rueben Droughns on it for Denver.

Oh btw, there are no depth charts BEFORE TRAINING CAMP EVEN STARTS!!
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk