Alexander signs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander signs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:53 pm

great news..although i wish he would have got locked into a long term deal....now we will get to go through this again next year :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:45 pm

Great move by SA. He will get to be a FA next season and shop around. Come to think of it, I almost wonder who's happier: SA or the C-Hacks?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:46 pm

Seems like a compromise to me. Good to see. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:57 pm

Im not shocked at all, if anything I am a little suprised that it took them this long to strike a deal. Now I am not Mr. know-it-all (even though I like to think I am) but I saw this one coming from a mile away. B-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:07 pm

Every year the big contract talks, and every year it's one more year. I'm still drafting him number 2 in any kind of a league. All this contract stuff isn't scaring me into taking an old guy and wasting a 5th round pick on a backup. He's a classy guy, glad he was able to get all this worked out. Hopefully next year he'll get the long term deal he's been wanting forever.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:29 am

Kensat30 wrote:No one turns down $6 million dollars.

A couple of interesting things that I just heard about this contract on FSR. First, Edge's contract is for over $8 million this year. I was surprised to hear the discrepency there.

The more interesting point were the terms of the contract. SA had them put in a no trade clause, if you will, so he won't be dealt this year. In essence, he didn't hold them hostage for money, but in return he has asked to be a free agent at year's end. FSR was also stating that he is wanting to move on from SEA.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Heavyg25 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:20 am

mrider wrote:Thats suprising I really thought that Seattle would buckle before Shaun but I guess I was young. :,-(

SA buckled??? I would say he got what he wanted. A long term deal in Seattle or go elsewhere. Either way he gets him money, thats pretty much guarenteed.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk