Rudi or Portis

Rudi Johnson
27%
Clinton Portis
73%

Total votes : 41

Rudi!

Postby tds04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:36 am

I like Rudi for the reasons outlined. His surrounding cast is MUCH better. The Bengals and Skins are headed in opposite directions.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Rudi!

Postby tds04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:37 am

I like Rudi for the reasons outlined. His surrounding cast is MUCH better. The Bengals and Skins are headed in opposite directions.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rudi-Portis

Postby tds04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:44 am

In fact, there are quite a few RBs that I think have way more upside than Portis: Lamont Jordan, Jamal, Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson, Westbrook, DD. The only RBs that will be taken withing the first two rounds of draft that Portis beats out are maybe Curtis Martin, and Tiki How can anyone rank Portis at #8 overall!!? I think his fans need a wake up call. HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR THE BRONCOSANYMORE. Nuff said.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rudi-Portis

Postby tds04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:44 am

In fact, there are quite a few RBs that I think have way more upside than Portis: Lamont Jordan, Jamal, Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson, Westbrook, DD. The only RBs that will be taken withing the first two rounds of draft that Portis beats out are maybe Curtis Martin, and Tiki How can anyone rank Portis at #8 overall!!? I think his fans need a wake up call. HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR THE BRONCOSANYMORE. Nuff said.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fx495232 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:09 am

the redskins qb situation scares me, as does the depature of coles. i can see portis getting ganged up on by opposing D's. so, gotta say rudi.
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:02 pm

I am so tempted to start bringing up Rudi's stats........

I still say Portis.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:14 pm

Santacruzer wrote:I am so tempted to start bringing up Rudi's stats........

I still say Portis.

Which ones? The ones where he had a higher ypc on a harder defensive schedule? Or the stats that show he was the better fantasy RB last year?

Portis was a top 6 pick by many last year, but that was because few people believed he was a product of the Denver system. If a nearly 2 ypc drop doesn't indicate that he was, I don't know what will convince people, but I'll keep hoping they're silly enough to only remember his days as a Bronco.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby benm3218 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:16 pm

Rudi is proven to be a very steady MULE. Plus he had the hardest schedule last year. Why risk it on Portis when you are guaranteed a stud in Rudi?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:26 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:I am so tempted to start bringing up Rudi's stats........

I still say Portis.

Which ones? The ones where he had a higher ypc on a harder defensive schedule? Or the stats that show he was the better fantasy RB last year?

Portis was a top 6 pick by many last year, but that was because few people believed he was a product of the Denver system. If a nearly 2 ypc drop doesn't indicate that he was, I don't know what will convince people, but I'll keep hoping they're silly enough to only remember his days as a Bronco.

I too think Portis is a product of the "Denver Runningback Machine", but I still think he is capable of having a better year than Rudi. Gibbs was the first to admit that they didn't do the right types of blocking schemes that fit Portis best. Will he be the stud that he was in Denver? No. But he will no doubt improve on his stats from last year.

I like Rudi. I really do. But this is a comparison between him and Portis. I had put up some interesting stats, and analysis earlier this year, that his "final" end of the year numbers don't tell the whole story. If you look it up, keep in mind that I was not bashing Rudi. I was just trying to get people thinking, and not get fooled by his final stats.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:07 pm

Portis had no offensive line in 04', a new system with a new team... Not all of his problems were his fault. He got stuffed at the goal line countless times last year because no one blocked for him. That should change this year.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk