Rudi or Portis

Rudi Johnson
27%
Clinton Portis
73%

Total votes : 41

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:44 pm

bagobonez wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:Portis had no offensive line in 04', a new system with a new team... Not all of his problems were his fault. He got stuffed at the goal line countless times last year because no one blocked for him. That should change this year.

Why? Because Jansen's back? Admittedly, Jansen's a good player, but is one player going to suddenly make Portis the goal-line maven he was in Denver? That's a stretch.

Let's not forget about Samuels... who started playing like a top OL by year's end.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:45 pm

bagobonez wrote:I just don't see why everyone's in love with Portis. Yeah he lit it up in Denver, so did Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary and Reuben Droughns.

Then he leaves "running back heaven" and he has a non top 10 year. BUt just because it's Clinton freaking Portis he's supposed to put up 1,500 and 15 again.

Please dont mention Portis in the same sentence as Anderson, Gary and Droughns...

If you really were to watch the 4 play, you'd know that CP is not even bad enough to be near the other four, if you cut off his left leg.

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:53 pm

blah blah blah... I love Portis. He's so awesome. He's the best! :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t (I'm puking here.)

Yes, if you like to gamble pick Portis. If you want to know what you will get pick Rudi.

By the way, Rudi offers a great RB with solid stats with peace of mind. Portis is no guarantee. You people act like its written in stone that Portis is a lock for 1500 yards and 15 td's. He is DEFINATELY not a safe pick for that. Rudi is safe to at least repeat last year, then if you like gambling, throw in the fact that he could be better this year.

Why gamble?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:55 pm

benm3218 wrote:blah blah blah... I love Portis. He's so awesome. He's the best! :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t (I'm puking here.)

Yes, if you like to gamble pick Portis. If you want to know what you will get pick Rudi.

By the way, Rudi offers a great RB with solid stats with peace of mind. Portis is no guarantee. You people act like its written in stone that Portis is a lock for 1500 yards and 15 td's. He is DEFINATELY not a safe pick for that. Rudi is safe to at least repeat last year, then if you like gambling, throw in the fact that he could be better this year.

Why gamble?

You dont know what you will get with Rudi. To me he is a question mark as well. I can honestly see Chris Perry getting some more carries this year.

I am not bashing on RJ, but I think Portis is in the tier above Rudi.

koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:59 pm

koffeeboy wrote:
benm3218 wrote:blah blah blah... I love Portis. He's so awesome. He's the best! :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t (I'm puking here.)

Why gamble?

You dont know what you will get with Rudi. To me he is a question mark as well. I can honestly see Chris Perry getting some more carries this year.

I am not bashing on RJ, but I think Portis is in the tier above Rudi.

Perry couldn't carry his own butt to the toilet without injuring himself for the season. What in the world makes Rudi a risk???? His non injury proneness? His solid tough play last year with the NFL's hardest schedule?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 pm

I honestly love both backs and would love to have either on my team. Rudi has shown he can be a 1300 /11 guy...with the promise of an upcoming offense...maybe that will get his TDs up a bit more.

Portis has been more than a 1300/11 guy. He's seen the peak and combine the enigmatic Redskin O...it's hard to see him returning to a top 5 back.

What do you value more..potential or probable?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 pm

Regardless of whether Rudi is solid or not... there is nothing that will change my mind enough to take Rudi over CP.

IMO Portis is a second tier and Rudi is a third tier RB.

koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:04 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Regardless of whether Rudi is solid or not... there is nothing that will change my mind enough to take Rudi over CP.

Well at least we know you are being reasonable about this, as opposed to close minded. :-)
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:06 pm

benm3218 wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:Regardless of whether Rudi is solid or not... there is nothing that will change my mind enough to take Rudi over CP.

Well at least we know you are being reasonable about this, as opposed to close minded. :-)

lol
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:07 pm

benm3218 wrote:

I have done enough research to know that I wouldn't take Rudi over Portis... so long as both are healthy.

I had to choose between them in one draft...

And was offered Rudi in a deal for Portis in another league.

Both times I chose Portis.... And would do it every time again.

koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk