Mike Anderson: What's the inside scoop? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Anderson: What's the inside scoop?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Anderson: What's the inside scoop?

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:14 am

I'm trying to dig up as much info as I can about this guy. Apparently, he's #1 on the depth chart while people are drafting Bell in 2-3rd rds.
He had a sensational year during this rookie year (2000) with 1500 yds and 15 tds. Then came Clinton Portis and you can fill in the rest.

Apparently, he's somewhat injury prone (like Bell).

Anyone else care to comment more on Mike Anderson?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:30 am

I think he's being used as a pawn by Shanny to keep Bell motivated and on his toes.

If I drafted Bell, id take Anderson as a handcuff in the last round. I don't buy the Anderson is #1 on the depth chart talk, if Bell isn't the starter by week 1, ill walk to China.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:46 am

I'm in agreement with aussieboy, Shanny appears to be using Anderson as a bit of a motivational ploy. That's not making me feel very confident in Tatum Bell's value, but it does make Anderson a very nice late round value pick. Things are likely to change between now and when the season starts, but if you are drafting now, you really can't go wrong by taking Mike very late and hoping for the best.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:40 am

Hes worth a deep sleeper because of the fact he plays in Denver, but don't expect much out of him. There are better candidates for feature RB and he suffered an extremely painful groin injury last year that may hamper his ability or make him susceptible to health issues.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

MC

Postby tds04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:29 am

Nobody seems to be talking about Maurice Clarett. Mike Anderson? He's a change of pace guy at best, Tatum Bell is a walking injury case. He's been hurt every year in college and the pros. He may be another Chris Brown. Ron Dayne?! What was Shanny thinking? Clarett could be the wildcard worth taking in the last round of a draft. At least he was never injured at Ohio State and posted phenomenal stats while he was there. Although the same thing can be said about Ron Dayne. Actually Dayne may have some value as a TD vulture but he's strictly waiver wire pickings at this time. I guess hardcore or insane (there's a fine line between the two) Broncos fans will probably draft all four of these bums and hope for the best!
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: MC

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:45 am

tds04 wrote:Nobody seems to be talking about Maurice Clarett. Mike Anderson? He's a change of pace guy at best, Tatum Bell is a walking injury case. He's been hurt every year in college and the pros. He may be another Chris Brown. Ron Dayne?! What was Shanny thinking? Clarett could be the wildcard worth taking in the last round of a draft. At least he was never injured at Ohio State and posted phenomenal stats while he was there. Although the same thing can be said about Ron Dayne. Actually Dayne may have some value as a TD vulture but he's strictly waiver wire pickings at this time. I guess hardcore or insane (there's a fine line between the two) Broncos fans will probably draft all four of these bums and hope for the best!

That change of pace guy ran for 1,500 yards in this offense.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

MA

Postby tds04 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:17 am

If Shanny truly believed in Anderson than why was he so quick to bring in Bell, Dayne, and Droughns? Heck, he even brought in Garrison Hearst last summer!! Anderson's injury was not career threatening. Yes, he did run for 1,500, but that was three years ago. Do you honestly think that Mike Anderson will win the starting job over Bell? If he does win the job do you think he will start 16 games and run for another 1,500 and 15 tds? My view is that all of Denver's backs will see sigficant action this year. A committee approach seems likely, with Bell at least intially carrying most of the load. As I said in my first response, I think Dayne's role could be that of TD vulture, he had success in that role with the Giants. Anderson will probably be used as a change of pace and or a blocking FB. Bell should be the primary back to start the season but given his history of injuries, how long that will that last? I know a lot of people look at Clarett as a joke but I still think this guy has a chance to see significant action, perhaps by late October or early November.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:23 am

I think Dayne's role could be that of TD vulture, he had success in that role with the Giants.

Dayne had 1 td the ENTIRE last season and 3 tds the year before that...I can hardly call that a success
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PSU All Day » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:56 am

What is interesting to me is how far Quentin Griffin has fallen. No one even mentions him at this point and last year he was the starter heading into the season.

I know that Bell was always the incumbant to the position but now Q Tip is not even mentioned as a third or even fourth RB. I also know he had injuries and was not successful after the KC game.

Still very interesting.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:01 am

aussieboy wrote:I think he's being used as a pawn by Shanny to keep Bell motivated and on his toes.

If I drafted Bell, id take Anderson as a handcuff in the last round. I don't buy the Anderson is #1 on the depth chart talk, if Bell isn't the starter by week 1, ill walk to China.

exactly. Nice post.

I will add that Shanny does NOT use a RBBC approach, so whoever is the starter will be a stud. I have a hard time believing Shanny will use Dayne or anyone else in goalline situations - that is not his MO - he will allow his feature back to get the glory.

Draft Bell in the 3rd and smile, then draft Anderson late and be happy you locked up a possible top 10 RB.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk