Will Tiki Barber lose goal line carries? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Tiki Barber lose goal line carries?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Tiki Barber lose goal line carries?

Postby gtgrad95 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:57 am

I'm in a keeper league, and since most of the top backs are already taken, I may have to consider Tiki when I pick. My concern is that everything I've read is that Brandon Jacobs will be getting the goal line carries similar to the setup Conklin had in Jax (Taylor/Mack). Since our scoring system is TD-heavy, should I take a chance on him or go with somebody like Curtis Martin or unproven guys like Cadillac and Lamont Jordan?
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gtgrad95 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:59 am

Oh, my current keepers are Edge and McGahee.
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bellybrother » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:41 am

I guess it depends on what your other choices are and how amny and what you start. That being said, I think Tiki will continue to get goalline touches until he proves he can't handle it and I think he can. But Jacobs was brought in for a reason, so that is cause for concern. Benson maybe. Out of the rookies I thing he's the most likely to score TD's.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:42 am

You have Edge and McGahee. Your RBs are set. You can go for a #3 RB, but only if that's best available. I would take C-Mart over Tiki.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:47 am

Are any of the following still out there: Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Moss, TO, Marvin, Holt, CJ, Gates, or Gonzo. I think any of those would be better than taking a solid #2 RB as your #3 RB unless you can start 3 RBs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Will Tiki Barber lose goal line carries?

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:49 am

gtgrad95 wrote:I'm in a keeper league, and since most of the top backs are already taken, I may have to consider Tiki when I pick. My concern is that everything I've read is that Brandon Jacobs will be getting the goal line carries similar to the setup Conklin had in Jax (Taylor/Mack). Since our scoring system is TD-heavy, should I take a chance on him or go with somebody like Curtis Martin or unproven guys like Cadillac and Lamont Jordan?

Depending on your other scoring (ie do you get points per reception), in a TD heavy league I would take Martin over Tiki....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Heavyg25 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:51 am

gtgrad95 wrote:Oh, my current keepers are Edge and McGahee.

If this is a keeper league then why would you want a really old back like martin as your 3rd back? I would go with a rookie or young guy with good potential, not a back that is on the other end of his career.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:07 pm

Heavyg25 wrote:
gtgrad95 wrote:Oh, my current keepers are Edge and McGahee.

If this is a keeper league then why would you want a really old back like martin as your 3rd back? I would go with a rookie or young guy with good potential, not a back that is on the other end of his career.

If he's only kept 2, we can assume it's a 2 keeper, and why wouldn't he keep Edge and McGahee next year? Going for the best available #3 RB seems fine to me as he's got his two keepers locked down for awhile.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby gtgrad95 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:17 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am able to start up to 3 RBs, and since out pool is kind of limited, I figure I could go ahead and lock my 3rd spot up and then grab a quality receiver in the following round (I pick #8 and #13 in the first 2 rounds). The only surefire starters left are really Rudi, K Jones, C. Martin, T. Barber, and D. Davis. After that we get into the unprovens and rooks. I figure that Rudi, Jones, and Davis will probably be gone by the time I pick at #8. That will probably leave Tiki or C. Mart as my choices.

Our league does not give points for receptions. Just yards and TDs.
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrider » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:34 pm

Curtis is he better option at RB IMO. ;-D
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next