Gardner to the Panthers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gardner to the Panthers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:28 pm

Big Daddy wrote:This is Rod Garnder were talking about, not Randy Moss.... This guy sucks, and will prolly be no better than there 3rd wide receiver. I definately dont move Delhomme up in my rankings because of this, thats for sure.

Gardner doesn't = Moss???

Wow! What a revelation. Now I have to change my whole draft strategy.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:00 pm

Bah... Probably going to drop Colbert now. I think Gardner will become #2 as he provides a big target and Colbert will be moved to the slot.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vanter » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:01 pm

Here's a link:

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=8053

Seems like he just needs to pass a physical.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:13 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:Bah... Probably going to drop Colbert now. I think Gardner will become #2 as he provides a big target and Colbert will be moved to the slot.

I disagree. Gardner is the slot.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:38 pm

i think colbert drops to #3. either that or smith isn't as healthy as carolina claims he is. Either way i think gardner is a nice late rd addition and i'll be more hesitant to grab colbert now.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:41 pm

Big Daddy wrote:This is Rod Garnder were talking about, not Randy Moss.... This guy sucks, and will prolly be no better than there 3rd wide receiver. I definately dont move Delhomme up in my rankings because of this, thats for sure.

Gardner doesn't suck, he had a 1000 yard season on the Redskins two years ago. THE REDSKINS!
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:43 pm

Great news for Delhomme owners! ;-D
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby nerdd » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:47 pm

I think this is a move to provide quality depth. The Panthers have essentially no one after Proehl. It doesnt affect Smith at all. If it does affect Colbert it will be short term. Although it is a reason to be more careful with Colbert in drafts. Also I'm a little slanted as a Panther fan, but Delhomme has been a great value for the last couple years.
nerdd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:18 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Gardner doesn't suck, he had a 1000 yard season on the Redskins two years ago. THE REDSKINS!

Agreed. Hes a more athletic version of Muhsin Muhammed and will be a good compliment to Steve Smith. In Gardner's first four years in the league he has racked up 22 td receptions in some terrible redskin offenses. Over those same four years Moose has gotten 23... 16 of which came last season... And im sure you will pay more for muhammed than for gardner so i would rather take a shot with Rod in the later rounds...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:43 pm

I think Delhome is a good QB and he will be able to manage all three WR's in a good way. Gardner and Colbert and good late rounds picks. I see bog production out of The Panthers Wr's this year.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk