Inventory of the NFL's rushing attacks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Inventory of the NFL's rushing attacks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 am

Thanks sOmeguy, Deluxe, MadScott and PSU. I did some editting to reflect all this info.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:02 am

your post on atlanta is wrong. the falcons NEVER bring in duckett to be a goalline, 3rd down, or short yardage back. when one back begins a series, that back always finishes the series for the falcons.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Inventory of the NFL's rushing attacks...

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:03 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:Baltimore:
All Jamal all the time. Unless he's on the oxygen or in lock-up, we won't see much Chester.

as much as i dont want to admit it there is a chance jamal wont be ready for the opener due to his surgery. i know he is going to miss the first week or so of training camp due to the halfway house...and im a bit concerned about what kind of cardio he has been doing. im sure he has been hitting the weights...but as far as conditioning, im not so sure. we might see him getting winded early in the season until he breaks his lungs. if thats the case chester would see some time.

musa smith is still injured so he is a non factor.

of course this is speculation..im just putting this out there due to reports ive read.

bottom line..if you have jamal..it would be smart to cuff chester for the start of the season.

i'd think that we will see a decent amount of chester. the ravens didn't match the 3 mil offer sheet to have him sit on the bench all year.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:27 am

Hey thanks for the great tool. Really helpful to have all this info in one spot. ;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby phunkadelic » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:49 am

This is a good post. I would be nice to have this, or a similar more condensed version of it, stickied and updated year-round much like the Closer Watch in the Fantasy Baseball Cafe. ;-D
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:30 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Jacksonville:
Fred Taylor is coming off knee surgery. And knee surgery aside, there couldn't have a been a more disappointing 1200-yard rusher last year. Taylor scored a mere three times; he went 7 games without scoring last year, and six games without posting 100 yards on the ground. Very frustrating for people who drafted Fred thinking he'd be good value. Well this year, he should be good value in the draft. Greg Jones is unsigned and not worth much anyway, but he was the guy who touched the ball most after Fred. And there's rookie signing Alvin Pearman, who should at the very least get a chance to make an impression. And there's LaBrandon Toefield, who was supposed to have been the backup last year and still could fill that role.

You sure about that? Greg Jones was a rookie last year, and I don't think they signed a 2nd round pick to a 1 year deal.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:56 pm

I have different opinions on some of these situations.

Dont forget when reading this fellas - we are reading opinions.

Its a good post for what it is - but the majority of this is one persons opinion - thats all.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:32 pm

phunkadelic wrote:This is a good post. I would be nice to have this, or a similar more condensed version of it, stickied and updated year-round much like the Closer Watch in the Fantasy Baseball Cafe. ;-D

Good Observation! Actually Evolution and I are going to be doing exactly that! There is an article right now that should be up within the next week showing early indications (a little out od date due to Arlo's lack of time to update the Front Page... ex. Travis Henry a Bill) but hopefully punctuality won't be an issue come the Regular Season.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:15 pm

Vick 4 Mayor wrote:i'd think that we will see a decent amount of chester. the ravens didn't match the 3 mil offer sheet to have him sit on the bench all year.

i personally think its a move for next year...when jamal's contract is up. im a bit worried he might be let go due to their cap space.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:33 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I have different opinions on some of these situations.

Dont forget when reading this fellas - we are reading opinions.

Its a good post for what it is - but the majority of this is one persons opinion - thats all.

Most of all, I posted this as a catalyst to the sort of discussion that's ensued here. I'm glad people are chiming in.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk