Deuce to be 2nd highest paid RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuce to be 2nd highest paid RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:13 am

joshyboy72 wrote:Deuce wanted a Clinton Portis like contract......and he got one, or at least a ton of money and a huge extension. Guess it's time to wait and see how he performs on the field with it...maybe this even lowers his stock a bit in re-drafts? No contract year to drool about anymore? We have a much improved offense for the running game but it could take a season or two to really click.

I think this will help Deuce's numbers. The Aints will want to show what a great deal they made by utilizing McAllister even more. He will probably have more receptions in addition to his usual rushing production. Deuce had been rated prettty low (for him) heading into early drafts and has been creeping upwards. This will do nothing but increase his value, IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:26 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:He deserves it, he and Jamal Lewis are tied for 2nd most talented RB in the league after LT im my opinion.

wow, that's a big call. What's Lewis done to deserve that title? Sure he had one great season in 2003, but take out those two monster games against Cleveland and his rushing totals wouldve fallen back to his career averages, roughly. His career has been solid, that 2003 season was obviously sensational, but I'd like another couple of 1500 + rushing yard seasons to call him the 2nd best rb in the league. He's only had one season above 1400 yards. Its not like he has a B grade Oline either, and like you alluded to, he couldn't catch a cold ass naked in alaska let alone a football out of the backfield.

I wouldnt put him in the elite catagory of LT2 just yet. Im not saying when its all said and done he cant get there, but he's not there yet.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:33 am

aussieboy wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:He deserves it, he and Jamal Lewis are tied for 2nd most talented RB in the league after LT im my opinion.

wow, that's a big call. What's Lewis done to deserve that title? Sure he had one great season in 2003, but take out those two monster games against Cleveland and his rushing totals wouldve fallen back to his career averages, roughly. His career has been solid, that 2003 season was obviously sensational, but I'd like another couple of 1500 + rushing yard seasons to call him the 2nd best rb in the league. He's only had one season above 1400 yards. Its not like he has a B grade Oline either, and like you alluded to, he couldn't catch a cold ass naked in alaska let alone a football out of the backfield.

I wouldnt put him in the elite catagory of LT2 just yet. Im not saying when its all said and done he cant get there, but he's not there yet.

I'm not talking about what he has done. I'm talking about strictly in terms of talent. If you only look at statistics, you'll be telling me Shaun Alexander and Priest are up there (they aren't) and looking to start another argument. If all things are equal (o-line, situation etc.) I'd take Jamal Lewis as the RB of my team over anyone except Deuce and LT.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:52 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
aussieboy wrote:

I'm not talking about what he has done. I'm talking about strictly in terms of talent. If you only look at statistics, you'll be telling me Shaun Alexander and Priest are up there (they aren't) and looking to start another argument. If all things are equal (o-line, situation etc.) I'd take Jamal Lewis as the RB of my team over anyone except Deuce and LT.

Fair enough dude. What im saying is though is that he's in a very running back friendly environment, good Oline, great D etc and yet his numbers dont reflect that of an elite elite RB. I agree with you in the sense that we cant just look at numbers (heck i argued that as well in the Mike Vick thread), what im saying is is Lewis is in a good position to produce big numbers and I dont think his nmbers so far have warranted top2 RB in the league status. Talent has to equate to numbers at some point, and other than that 2003 season I dont think Lewis' numbers have. Dont get me wrong I think Lewis is an excellent RB, just not the second best back in the league.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:26 pm

I think to this point Lewis has faced 8 in the box (at least) as frequently as any RB in the league. He has a great o-line, but up to now he has had no passing game to speak of to alleviate pressure.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:29 pm

Lushcrush wrote:As a Deuce owner, all I want to do is to be able to lean over to my wife on Sunday, edge over close to her ear and whisper ...
The Deuce is loose ...
Go Deuce
;-D

:-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:30 pm

I asked if my wife had ever seen eight in the box and she slapped me.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:42 pm

awwchrist wrote:I asked if my wife had ever seen eight in the box and she slapped me.

You should consider yourself lucky you had at least 8 of your fingers left to type that! :-b
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:33 pm

awwchrist wrote:I asked if my wife had ever seen eight in the box and she slapped me.

If she would have said yes, it would be grounds for divorce in any state but California. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:28 pm

He doesn't deserve to be paid as the # 2 in the league...

top 5-7... yes.

# 2... no.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk