No love for Keyshawn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

No love for Keyshawn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

No love for Keyshawn?

Postby Valyekrin » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:51 pm

As I have browsed these forums I have noticed very curiously that alot of people have no love for Keyshawn Johnson. Im kind of curious why? I have seen him not listed in many WR rankings for the top 30 or even 50 recievers.

Obviously he is not a number 1 option but the guy averages near 1000 yards and 6 touchdowns a season. And won't the signing of Drew Bledsoe give him even better oppurtunities to catch the ball? Sure they have a relatively deep recieving corps but they did last year as well and he put up numbers near his career averages.

He ranked 25th in yards (981), 21st in receptions (70), and while he only had 6 touchdowns thats still more than players like A. Johnson, Bruce, Burress, Moulds, Housh, etc.

So can someone tell me why there is no love for KJ?
Valyekrin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:13 pm

Who's throwing him ball . . . oh that's right minnie vinny last season and the over the hill bledsoe-what,

Meshawns best days are behind him, not to say that he's not gonna have a few good games he will, but 2 different QB's in 2 years2 different coachs in 3 years, locker room cancer, shall go on. I'd take him in the 10th or 11th depending on the quality of kicker that's left.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:16 pm

Keyshawn is a number 2 or 3 reciever to me. Keyshawn = :-t
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Valyekrin » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:23 pm

[quote="benm3218"]Keyshawn is a number 2 or 3 reciever to me. Keyshawn = :-t[/quote]

Of course he is, Im not arguing that, but I mean as a 2 or 3 Id think he would be great.
Valyekrin
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:35 pm

Well, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but what is there to be excited about or love? I think Moulds is better than Keyshawn and Bledsoe didn't seem to get him the ball well at all.

Now, Bledsoe will pass to keyshawn. Just very boring.

Plus, it's hard to get guys to rant and show love to a guy you just admitted is a number 3 WR..... But, your right, there are worse guys you could have for a backup I guess.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:29 pm

I dont know, I have a feeling there may be more chemistry w/ Glenn and Bledsoe since they played together before and had success (ala Key and Vinny last year).

Also throw in a dedication to the running game, and a basic decline in production and Im not seeing a ton of upside for him. Yeah he will probably get 800-900 yds and 4-6 TDs...but meh...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:56 pm

Keyshawn is a huge value as a #3 WR in a point per reception league. Other than that, he's veteran depth that sits on the end of your bench until a bye week/injury forces you to play him.

I've got him down for

70/900/5
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:22 pm

I think he will put up similar #'s this year which seem ok on paper

but when you break them down

950 yds / 16 = 59 yds a game
4.3 receptions a game average which is not too bad.
and a td every 3 games.

I would not be satisfied with 10 points a week out of my #3 wr which is why Meshawn to me is that guy you insert on a bye week then dump for a b/u kicker on your kickers bye week.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:52 pm

I wouldn't take Keysh as anything other than a bench reciever. He'll probably get up around 1000 yards but the Cowboys offense this year will be based on the run, not the pass.
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:59 pm

What size league do you have to be in to grab Key? I was in a 10 last year and no one had him, but we moved to 12 this year. Is he a guy I should start actually putting some consideration towards?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk