No love for Keyshawn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

No love for Keyshawn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:08 pm

It looks like I am alone, but I actually really like Keyshawn this season. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is a number 1 or 2. But in a league like my 12 team money league with 3 WR. I will be mroe than happy to fill out my #3 or #4 spot with him in the late rounds.

Of course I also really like Bledsoe this year. I know parcells is going to emphasize the run game and Bledsoe may not put up spectacular numbers, but he could still be a great back up quarterback on your fantasy team for a real late pick.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:25 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with Keyshawn as a backup or even a #3. Look at his game logs from last year. There were only 3 games last year where he scored less than 4 points. Granted, he scored 5 points four times, but he also got eight points or more 7 times. How many WR's that you expect to go for TD's bust every week for 30 yards and no scores?

You aren't getting him for TD potential; you're getting him for the steady point stream. Those type of guys can be important to a fantasy team, especially when you pick WR's that don't get you the TD's you're looking for.

Keyshawn is a good possession receiver, and he gets decent yardage almost every time. In 10/6 settings, he tied for 27th in WR scoring last year. In a 12 team league, that's a #3. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:36 pm

I like him as a fantasy WR in a league that gives points for receptions. Otherwise, he's bench material I think. Probably the reason he gets no love is that he's a far better NFL WR than fantasy. I mean he's no top-WR, but not many people are as reliable as a possession WR.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:18 pm

When they time him in the 40, they use a calendar instead of a stopwatch! :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:06 am

ive picked him up in a couple of leagues super late as my #4. i actually believe there is a chance he might have some chemistry with bledsoe. if not, he is going late enough where you dont really lose too much if he flops. i think his reward outweighs the risk by quite a bit....especially in leagues that reward points per recpetion.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:25 am

stomperrob wrote:When they time him in the 40, they use a calendar instead of a stopwatch! :-D

I'm sorry.. that was.. yeah.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk