Jets - John Abraham now wants SA deal. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets - John Abraham now wants SA deal.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets - John Abraham now wants SA deal.

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:21 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3835604

When the Jets report to training camp tonight, their best pass rusher will be absent.

Sources close to defensive end John Abraham told FOXSports.com that the Pro Bowl pass rusher will not report to camp tonight and was unsure when he would report.
Abraham was slapped with the franchise tag and has yet to sign his tender. He has asked for a deal similar to the one Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander signed this week, one in which the team would relinquish their right to use the tag again next year. The Jets have declined this option on more than one ocassion.

Abraham started 2004 on a tear, but a knee injury forced him to miss most of the second half of the season. He finished the year with 49 tackles and 9.5 sacks.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jmo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:23 pm

Isn't he the fool that sat out games late last year, including playoffs cuz he was a little hurt and didn't want to risk getting hurt before he had a chence to sign a free agent deal?

What a corn hole.

Atheletes need to realize that getting good will in the bank is good for a contract. Watch my favorite receiver Hines ward get a new contract while T.O. does not. One overiding factor is that EVERYONE LOVES HINES WARD!!!

John
Roster: 12 Team League
QB: Palmer, Plummer
RB: S. Alexander, J. Lewis, J Jones, S Jackson, Gado
WR: Mason, R Williams, Engram, Chatman, Ferguson
TE: Witten
DEF: Jax
K: Stover
jmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ripcord » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:07 pm

hines ward will get a new contract cause he's the freakin 32nd highest paid WR, Javon Walker will get a new contract because he is even worse off then Ward. Owens won't get a new contract because he's not Peyton Manning therefore doesn't get paid like Peyton Manning. Ownes is gettin money for what he's worth so why pay him more then what he's worth. Ward and Walker are worth a lot more then they're gettin so they will get it. This is a popularity contest the best players get the best contracts no matter what.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JimmyChoi » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:52 pm

jmo wrote:Isn't he the fool that sat out games late last year, including playoffs cuz he was a little hurt and didn't want to risk getting hurt before he had a chence to sign a free agent deal?

What a corn hole.

Atheletes need to realize that getting good will in the bank is good for a contract. Watch my favorite receiver Hines ward get a new contract while T.O. does not. One overiding factor is that EVERYONE LOVES HINES WARD!!!

John

Yes ..this is that jerkoff!! :-t
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby koffeeboy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 pm

What a bad precedence that Seattle has set.

No more days of teams being able to Walter Jones' or Orlando Pace someone.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JoeyRoland » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:07 am

I'm not a mathematician, but here's my equation:

John Abraham = A$$ :-[

How do you go from premier pass rusher to hated villian in mere weeks?!?!

I honeslty think John Abraham showed his true colors.

Every athlete states that he is playing for the championship. However, not every athlete takes action to back that up. Case in point is Abraham's unwillingness to play when it matters.

For all he knows, last season may be the closest Abraham ever comes to winning a championship ring. When retired, will he be happier that he sat out those crucial games or that he waited for the big contract?

On a personal note, I am very happy that the JETS haven't offered him the big mula. ;-D I hope they stay steadfast in regards to not meeting his stipulations.

Oh, and John, here's a stipulation - play the f@%king game! It's unfortunate that all future contracts offered to Abraham will have to include that stipulation! :-D
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk