Joe Horn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joe Horn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe Horn

Postby tds04 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:26 pm

I'd like to know if everyone is confident that Joe Horn will continue to produce his usual great stats this year. Will the Saints renewed committment to the running game diminish Horn's value? Will the absence of former offensive coordinator Mike Mcarthy have an adverse affect? I know that Brooks and Horn are one of the better QB-WR duos in the league, but I am wondering if this is the year Brooks gets benched because of. well, just being Aaron Brooks! How would the absence of Brooks affect Horn? I am thinking of taking Horn in the 4th round in my ten team league. I have the fourth pick.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby catch22 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:32 pm

Why would Brooks get benched? He has been in the top 15 each of the last years, #11 last year. Who would take his place?

As far as Horn goes, I see no reason Horn wont produce this year.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:45 pm

Joe Horn is in the prime of his career. Everyone seems to look for the #2 WR or the TE to emerge there, but the fact is that Joe Horn is steadily improving into one of the top5 at his position.

I wouldn't be surprised if he put up a career best in touchdowns again this season if NO even slightly improves it's passing game compared to last year. Brooks had a 4-year low in touchdown passes in 2004, yet Joe Horn was still able score the most in his career because he saw a huge percentage of them.

New Orleans is an offensive force that goes somewhat under the radar every year IMO. Why do you think Stallworth has been such a consistent sleeper pick the past few years? Boo Williams at TE? The potential on that offense is extraordinary with a premiere RB in Deuce and a top WR in Horn... makes me shake my head when people rate Aaron Brooks as a middle of the road #15/#16 QB around guys like David Carr. Brooks may not be the best decision maker in the world, but he still manages to put up around 25 passing touchdowns a year and can move the chains with his legs.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:52 pm

Horn is one of the most consistent WR in FF. Just about assured to end up in the top 10. He's a good pick in the 4th round.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:07 pm

My biggest problem with Horn is that he's just so darn low key compared to some of these other guys, I tend to lose track of him come draft day. I admit, every year I kick myself for taking that Santana Moss type player where I should have grabbed Horn, and spend half the year trying to plug guys in by matchups to try and duplicate the stats the lucky SOB drafting behind me is getting with Horn. I really can see his stats climbing yet again this year if all goes as planned in the bayou and Deuce starts clicking, and Brooks actually grasps the playbook.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:15 pm

I'm putting him on similar #'s as last year with a possible slight decrease.

I think they want to run more but wanting and doing are two diff things. They will still need to pass to score so I think he will abain be a solid reciever this year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Horn will be fine this year ... just like always.
And a committment to the running game in NO will open up the pass.
No worries ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:31 pm

I expect a small decline in his stats. Last year was a career year for him, and I don't really see him improving on those numbers, so the only place to go is down. But I don't see him dropping far. I think 1,200 and 9 TD's is about par for the course.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:02 pm

bagobonez wrote:I expect a small decline in his stats. Last year was a career year for him, and I don't really see him improving on those numbers, so the only place to go is down. But I don't see him dropping far. I think 1,200 and 9 TD's is about par for the course.

Considering you only need about 1100/9 to be the #10 WR in any given year, yeah Joe Horn is pretty solid...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Thanks

Postby tds04 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:19 pm

Great responses, thanks for the feedback about JH.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk