Roddy White-"blown his chance at the starting lineup"? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White-"blown his chance at the starting lineup"?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roddy White-"blown his chance at the starting lineup"?

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:48 am

Link.

According to the Atlanta Constitution, "Unsigned Falcons first-round draft pick Roddy White better be making a lot of headway on his own because unless he arrives at training camp resembling an All-Pro, coach Jim Mora said he's blown any chance he's had of breaking into the starting lineup. "It's already jeopardized," Mora said about White, a wide receiver from Alabama-Birmingham and the only unsigned Falcons' draft pick. "He's missed three practices. He's going to miss today, so he's missed four practices. He's 300 reps behind already. You never get those back."
Insight: Mora is on record as saying that White will not be a starter when the season begins, not unless he is in camp the next day or two. Nothing like a coach adding pressure to a rookies' hold out. White would be smart to take note to Mora's threats. The Falcons head coach is a no-nonsense leader and will live up to his word. Roddy White loses some fantasy value with this news. (TonyFinn/PFSi)

Michael Jenkins gets an upgrade, I suppose.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:52 am

I take it with a grain of salt. Jim Mora Jr. was on PTI earlier today saying how he expects a huge breakout year from Peerless Price this season, so I don't know if I can take his words as accurate.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:52 am

its not like Vick is going to throw the ball.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:59 am

or at least not throw it well
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:07 am

The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:02 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Like father, like son...

:-o :-b

Even as a Colts fan, I never tire of hearing his tirades.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:35 am

maddog60 wrote:I take it with a grain of salt. Jim Mora Jr. was on PTI earlier today saying how he expects a huge breakout year from Peerless Price this season, so I don't know if I can take his words as accurate.

yeah, I saw that too - he said Jenkins was the #1 WR this yr, but that he honestly believed this would be Price's breakout yr for ATL. I dont know about you, but I have to bump up Peerless just a little bit because of that - he went out of his way to single out Price. Before that he wasnt even draftable to me - now I can see using a late rd flier on him or keeping a close eye on him if he's a FA.

Also - in regards to Vick - Mora basically said the same thing last yr - they are catering their offense around Vick - not trying to get him to be more of a pocket passer. Basically they want him to "run and throw".
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:49 am

Price still has health issues with his eyesight. Whether or not Vick throws the ball, he still can't see it. Breakout year? I don't think so. But this post is about Roddy White. Jenkins will go into camp as #1 with Price as #2. Vick will run as much as ever and nothing will change but the amount of carries Dunn and Foster split. White is cutting his own pocketbook and throat by staying out.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk