Eagles DE McDougle Shot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles DE McDougle Shot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:37 pm

people suck.

i hope he makes a full and speedy recovery...and that they catch those punks who shot him.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:38 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Eagles fans - were you expecting big things from McDougal this yr? What is the general consensus about when he will return? Is there a plan B? What kind of impact will this have on PHI's D if he does not return this yr?

This does leave us a little thin at DE. Kalu and Kearse are fine as starters, but McDougle was hopefully going to break out and turn into a starter this year, as Kalu's contract is up after this year. It's going to put more pressure on the reserves who haven't done too great as Johnson loves to rotate players, and Hugh Douglas will definitely see more time due to this (I consider this a bad thing, as Hugh can be a good situational player and reserve, but most of his value to the team is veteran leadership).

Trent Cole will almost certainly see game time with McDougle out, though I'm not too worried about the Eagles' pass rush. Johnson uses so many different positions to generate a rush, it shouldn't hurt too much, but that line in general will suffer.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:46 pm

awwchrist wrote:Unlocked. You wanna talk policy, go to the gen talk forum.

You made the initial policy comment, the others were responding to you.

awwchrist wrote:eos.

Don't know what this means.

awwchrist wrote:Leave this thread for Mcdougle condolences.

Condolences to McDougal and family, I hope the injury doesn't effect his health and career.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:50 pm

yup it's true sorry bout that.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:50 pm

how long does it take to recover from something like this? well at least til hes back up to playing speed.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:55 pm

:-t
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Aww is right though. This should be about McDougle and his family, and I apologize for starting this up. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me before I contemplate the consequences, as most of you know. :-]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby brewmaniac » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:26 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Aww is right though. This should be about McDougle and his family, and I apologize for starting this up. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me before I contemplate the consequences, as most of you know. :-]

I'd also like to apologize for my comments and getting this thread locked.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:48 pm

Get better big guy!!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:58 pm

Get Well man!! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

bagobonez wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:First off, I hope everything goes well for him and he makes a speedy recovery. Second, I hope the jerkwads that did thisend up running to Mexico and get into a scrape with their law enforcement officers. A lifetime in a Mexican prison as an American has to be one of the most pleasant experiences you can enjoy.

To the part about taking away guns. People have been killing people since there were two people on the planet. You put people together, somebody eventually is going to kill someone. They used to do it with their bare hands, graduated to rocks and sticks, then knives and spears all the way down the line to an atomic bomb. You can't stop violence in humans anymore than you can change the stars, but you can make them think about it by stiffening the laws. Violent acts deserve violent, public response. You kill, get killed in a public forum (for those who want to watch). It sounds harsh, and alot of people will disagree and tell me how inhumane that is, but whatever. Scum deserves to die.

I couldn't agree more. Our laws are way too lax. There's a reason America has one of the (if not THE) highest crime rate in the world. Countries like Singapore have a 0% crime rate because they will cane your @ss if you so much as spit your gum on the sidewalk.

yep sixxguns said it best. gun laws only take guns from the good people. I'm all for public hangings.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk