last pick in your league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

last pick in your league

Moderator: Football Moderators

last pick in your league

Postby beerman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:31 pm

if you have the last pick in your ff league what would be your stragety?

a. the back to back rb's

b. the two top receivers moss and owens

c. qb and rb like culpepper and portis, rudi, or a green

d. qb and wr like culpepper and moss
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:47 pm

Definitely not a QB. WHy take Culpepper in Round 2 when you can get someone almost as good like Favre in Round 5?

I would go RB/RB depending on what's available, and possibly RB/WR, although I would only go WR if the remaining RB's were just putrid.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:57 pm

If Moss is there I'm going WR/RB, if Moss isn't there I'm going RB/RB.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:12 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If Moss is there I'm going WR/RB, if Moss isn't there I'm going RB/RB.

Last season I was last pick (again) I went RB RB it worked out well I grabbed tiki and c-mart ;-D
Oh yeah I won the league and the money

I'm just not that big on Moss this season. Untill he can prove that Kerry Collins can be the next C-pepp I'm laying off him. But that's just me.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby agchris02 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:50 pm

Ive been encouraging the person with the num 12 pick in my league thats about to draft to go the WR/WR route, he's thinking of Moss, TO, and Holt -- he could prob get two of those for sure

That aside, Im picking 11th :-)
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:55 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If Moss is there I'm going WR/RB, if Moss isn't there I'm going RB/RB.

bingo.

BTW - for those avoiding Moss because he no longer has Cpepp - look at what Moss was able to do with Gus Frerotte and Todd Bouman. Moss makes QBs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dan9124 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:55 pm

I'd go RB/RB. WRs can easily be acquired when you need them.
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JimmyChoi » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:49 pm

I went RB/RB
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:53 pm

K/Def. No doubt. Doug Brien and Cleveland.

It's actually way too hard to say. It depends on who you are drafting with, who they draft, what type of league, etc. Most likely I would still go RB/RB, but possibly RB/WR.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:01 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

bingo.

BTW - for those avoiding Moss because he no longer has Cpepp - look at what Moss was able to do with Gus Frerotte and Todd Bouman. Moss makes QBs.
Exactly. I've made the arguement about Moss and QBs over and over again and it will always hold true. Give a decent QB Moss to throw to, and he'll be able to put up great numbers. I say decent because, well, Moss couldn't make Spergon Wynn any good. But Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham at the very end of his career, Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Bouman, and Gus Frerotte all looked like great QBs when they were able to throw to Moss. Cunningham had the best passing year of his career in 98 when he had Moss to throw to, and that was his 13th season in the NFL, obviously past his prime. Both Todd Bouman and Gus Frerotte put up awesome stats when they were given the chance to start in their stints with the Vikes. If Collins can just do what they did, throw the ball as far as you can, Moss will have a career year (dare I say that, after his 1600 yd 17td season in 2003).

The fact is that Moss may not be the best route-runner, may not be the best run-blocker, and (even though I'd dispute this) may not play every down. But if Collins can just throw the ball he'll get it and do something with it. The guy is possibly the most talented athlete to ever play the game, and there's no way I'm passing on him with the last pick in the first round.

Now that I'm done plugging Moss again, if Moss is there I'm going Moss/Portis back to back at the end of the round. If he's not I'll take Portis and another young back probably, and possibly Manning if somehow he lasts that long. I wouldn't take any QB that early in the second other than Manning because of all the question marks there are with all the rest, and I don't see that huge of a gap between Culpepper and Trent Green for example to warrant taking him that early.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk