Hines Ward? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hines Ward?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hines Ward?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:57 pm

what are everyones thoughts on this guy. at first i was pretty high on this guy but after hearing a few things and remembering what he did to me last year i am unsure of his value. the holdout doesnt worry me its the run first run again, run some more attitude of the steelers. Where do you have him ranked among wrs? especially against the young guys like Clayton, Burleson, and Andre Johnson.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dan9124 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:20 pm

i'd rank him ahead of all of those WRs. I think he will benefit from Burress leaving, b/c Randel El is good enough to take enough pressure off Ward but not good enough to take his receptions like Burress did last year. I don't have him nearly as high as I did last year though. He was in my top 5 last preseason.
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby messyjesse1 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:36 pm

Great player, not a great fantasy player. His year last year, should only be enough to qualify him as a 3rd receiver.
messyjesse1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:05 pm

messyjesse1 wrote:Great player, not a great fantasy player. His year last year, should only be enough to qualify him as a 3rd receiver.
....80 receptions is far from 3rd receiver status. I personally think he is in for a great year, Bens gonna be allowed to open up the passing game, that coupled with two very fast wide receivers, and a new tight end that should open the field up more, i look for him to have 90 to 100 receptions.
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk