Darwin strikes again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Darwin strikes again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:29 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
Flockers wrote:I don't get the thread title... :-?

The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome
by honoring those who accidentally kill themselves in really stupid ways.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously.

Oh.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:39 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
dream_017 wrote:I guess I have the problem with this quote from the article:
"Younger kids don't know that they can die from this, that it's a very dangerous activity," Shapiro said.

Are they saying that a 10 year old doesn't know that they can die from not breathing???? 8-o

Should that be something taught to kids?

Sad for the family.

Personally I think a 10-year-old has to be cut some slack for doing something stupid, he's still just a kid. I would be much more inclined to ask where the heck his parents were, as some others have suggested.

Come on guys! Are you going to seriously tell me that at 10 years old you weren't out running the neighborhood on your bikes, cruising to the park or whatever? My parents didn't need to watch me 24/7, but I could understand certain neighborhoods where you might (ahem, Detroit, Gary IN). I was blessed with a decent area to grow up in, but still.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:46 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
dream_017 wrote:I guess I have the problem with this quote from the article:
"Younger kids don't know that they can die from this, that it's a very dangerous activity," Shapiro said.

Are they saying that a 10 year old doesn't know that they can die from not breathing???? 8-o

Should that be something taught to kids?

Sad for the family.

Personally I think a 10-year-old has to be cut some slack for doing something stupid, he's still just a kid. I would be much more inclined to ask where the heck his parents were, as some others have suggested.

Yes, one of the questions is: where are the parents?
I am pretty sure when I was 10, I knew that if I stopped breathing, I would die. It takes a little common sense. Kids need to learn to write and know the alphabet before 1st grade, some pre-schools even have kids on computers. How can we always cut some slack for everybody? Do we wait until he drives into somebody in his car when he is 18....or shoots somebody when he is 21? Where does it end?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Damn when I was ten we used to goto the supermarket and inhale whipcream. And I thought I was extreme.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to General Talk