Omigod I'm so GEEKED for this season! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Omigod I'm so GEEKED for this season!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Omigod I'm so GEEKED for this season!

Postby benjapage » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:16 pm

just got a note from kevin coyle --coach for the secondary-- and he's really fired up. this got me really fired up. they say i'm overreacting, but if we can come out of the gate strong this year...YEAH!

that's all.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:59 am

I can understand being fired up about the team's secondary. The starters, at least, have a lot of talent, and now that they've played together for a year and have had the chance to gel as a unit, I think there's definitely reason to be optimistic. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:05 am

Do you know Kevin personally or something? I am too, optomistic about the secondary, with the only uncertainty being at strong saftety. Herring needs to stay healthy, but Marvin appears to like Mitchell a bit too. A pass rush could sure aid in the secondary too, with our CB's being more gambler/opportunistic- type corners.

Nice Arlo; two responses in the Bengal forum within a week. ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:56 am

yeah, i know kevin from our shared time at novacare (he was rehabbing his shoulder, i was rehabbing my knee). he is a top-shelf character. anyway, we've kept in touch, and the feedback i get from him makes me want to paint my black car with orange stripes.

i wouldn't fret the pass rush aspect. switching justin smith to the strong side is smart (creating mismatches), not to mention adding the fluidity of pollack's projected role as an extra pass-rusher. this will allow the CBs to make even more big plays, tho' i'm gathering that bresnahan's new scheme is *generally* less tricky...we'll see. i love good defense! i'm so fired up!

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:07 am

benjapage wrote:yeah, i know kevin from our shared time at novacare (he was rehabbing his shoulder, i was rehabbing my knee). he is a top-shelf character. anyway, we've kept in touch, and the feedback i get from him makes me want to paint my black car with orange stripes.

i wouldn't fret the pass rush aspect. switching justin smith to the strong side is smart (creating mismatches), not to mention adding the fluidity of pollack's projected role as an extra pass-rusher. this will allow the CBs to make even more big plays, tho' i'm gathering that bresnahan's new scheme is *generally* less tricky...we'll see. i love good defense! i'm so fired up!

b

That's cool. I've met Kevin too, and he's definitely class ;-D Good point about Justin moving to the other side. Another X factor is Robert Geathers. This guy shows loads of promise coming into his second year. He absolutley blew his man off the ball against Dallas last year. He seems to have great reaction time to the snap of the football. He and Justin should compliment each other well. Can't wait for the season ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Our defense is going to surprise a lot of people. All our young guys from last year got a LOT of playing time and should be completely adjusted to NFL-speed. Our rook's are just awesome talents and shouldnt have a problem adjusting. As mentioned also, Smith switching sides and the addition of our big man in the middle only make our D that much better.

If they can live up to their potential, a playoff run should be in our future, as our offense is returning all 11 starters and will only be better. A lot is riding on these guys, and I think they are going to come up big
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pdub » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:40 pm

i''m looking forward to the new d as well.

our 2 new studs need to get in there and sign already tho...
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Cincinnati Bengals