Will Travis Henry beat out Chris Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Travis Henry beat out Chris Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby STLCover2 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:34 pm

When talking about durability, let's not forget Chris Brown is no Energizer Bunny himself. I wonder if Norm Chow will want to use Henry like he used Lyndale White at USC, where the bigger back did most of the goalline work.
STLCover2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:55 pm

STLCover2 wrote:When talking about durability, let's not forget Chris Brown is no Energizer Bunny himself. I wonder if Norm Chow will want to use Henry like he used Lyndale White at USC, where the bigger back did most of the goalline work.

I'm sure that is exactly what Chow has in mind. Brown is a big back, though, and I don't think he is looking at the Henry signing and thinking: "OK, now I guess I'll just run the off tackle stuff." He should take this as a message that he has to hit the holes harder. He's no slouch inside, either. Should be a real battle, glad I don't own either of them.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:48 pm

i think brown will remain the starter and henry will be a change of pace back...until either brown gets injured of isnt performing well. pretty decent RB situation for the titans as both have a quite a bit of talent.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JoeyRoland » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:58 pm

I'm thinking Brown/Henry will be similar to Davis/Foster of two seasons ago. Even durability concerns mirror each other! :-t

Also, while I'm a huge fan of Chris Brown, I think his upright running style will take a toil on him. !+)

In regards to fantasy value, I think Chris Brown will soften the defense up and work to tier the opposing D. So, assuming he touches it about 18 rushes or so, I'd think he'd average at least 75 yards per game. However, I think Travis Henry will be the glory-back and, in addition to his 10 carries or so, he'll probably get about 5 receptions out of the backfield per game. Those numbers, while not gaudy, aren't bad at all for a part-time back!

I'd get Henry over Brown but I certainly wouldn't overshoot for either of these guys on a hunch. Unfortunately, injuries not withstanding, I think the first 3 weeks will be very telling for the Titans.
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:45 am

If Chris Brown can stay healthy, Henry will be become the most talented TD-vulture in the league. More likely I suspect Brown will lose his job, and Henry is good enough that Brown will never get it back.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:17 am

Neither one is worth a draft pick on my team at this point.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby JoeyRoland » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:33 am

maddog60 wrote:If Chris Brown can stay healthy, Henry will be become the most talented TD-vulture in the league. More likely I suspect Brown will lose his job, and Henry is good enough that Brown will never get it back.

:-D
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tanner » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:02 am

Brown makes Henry look like a plodder..he's much, much faster than Henry. Look at it this way: with all the teams NEEDING a RB, how come no one came knocking on Henry's door until this deal came about a few weeks ago? Makes you wonder what Henry's value truly is...
This deal could actually increase Brown's fantasy value..he could now be lined up as Reggie Bush was at USC - in the slot, out wide, in the backfield...Henry is going to be the battering ram between-the-tackles RB, and Brown will be the homerun hitter..
I think it give Tenn. a chance to showcase Brown moreso than Henry..

the other side of the coin says Jeff fisher has never been a RBBC head coach, and will probably settle on just one main ball carrier..
my money is on Brown, until he gets hurt, he should retain the job..
Henry is an Errict Wrett clone, i.e., good hands, good between the tackles power, but a rather slow no frills RB..
Brown has elite RB talent, and a 4.9 ypc avg to go with it..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:23 am

tanner wrote:Brown makes Henry look like a plodder..he's much, much faster than Henry. Look at it this way: with all the teams NEEDING a RB, how come no one came knocking on Henry's door until this deal came about a few weeks ago? Makes you wonder what Henry's value truly is...
This deal could actually increase Brown's fantasy value..he could now be lined up as Reggie Bush was at USC - in the slot, out wide, in the backfield...Henry is going to be the battering ram between-the-tackles RB, and Brown will be the homerun hitter..
I think it give Tenn. a chance to showcase Brown moreso than Henry..

the other side of the coin says Jeff fisher has never been a RBBC head coach, and will probably settle on just one main ball carrier..
my money is on Brown, until he gets hurt, he should retain the job..
Henry is an Errict Wrett clone, i.e., good hands, good between the tackles power, but a rather slow no frills RB..
Brown has elite RB talent, and a 4.9 ypc avg to go with it..

This post is oozing w/ Brown homerism/ownership

Here is the latest

Travis Henry split snaps with Tennessee's first team offense Friday.

To us, it's a great sign for Henry that Chris Brown isn't being given ANY preference as the incumbent. In time, we believe Henry will be the one who gets the majority of carries for the Titans, especially near the goal-line.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:56 am

Henry is not good enough to fully supplant Chris Brown without an injury. Hard to say if the turf toe will resurface and Brown will sit out games, especially with less reps than last season. Have to believe Henry is the better pick here though, because the Titan's won't hesitate to sit out Brown if the turf toe flares up...

I wouldn't spend a high pick on either of them, Brown is way too talented to sit on the bench and allow Henry to get 20 carries for 80 yards... Travis Henry I drop a pick on when all the other backup RBs starting going in the double digit rounds. Ideally this would happen right when the Buckhalters of the world are going in the 12th round or so, realistically someone grabs him in the 7th or 8th.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk