Man i can't wait for football season to start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man i can't wait for football season to start

Moderator: Football Moderators

Man i can't wait for football season to start

Postby aussieboy » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:20 am

I just thought I'd get that off my chest.

I start pre-season tomorrow night. Im seriously hanging out for the new season to get underway, it hurts.

I downloaded a whole heap of Randy Moss touchdown clips the other day and ive just been sitting in front of my computer watching them.

I cant wait for the opening game!
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:45 am

You and me both brother.

The anticipation is killing me! :-L

Hopefully the new Madden game will be able to tide me over.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:03 am

Lol, I've got all the Randy Moss clips saved on disks and watch them like once a week. Almost makes me wanna cry watching those and knowing that it will never happen in a Vikes jersey again. :,-(

But yeah, I've been looking foward to next season since February. Only 39 days left til regular season. ;-D
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Flockers » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:38 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:Lol, I've got all the Randy Moss clips saved on disks and watch them like once a week. Almost makes me wanna cry watching those and knowing that it will never happen in a Vikes jersey again. :,-(

But yeah, I've been looking foward to next season since February. Only 39 days left til regular season. ;-D

Zimmy - You live is South Carolina, right? What's the scoop on Williamson?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CC » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:11 pm

Meh, I could really care less.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:44 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Meh, I could really care less.
Haha, buzz kill!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:04 pm

Flockers wrote:
M_Zimm_ffc wrote:Lol, I've got all the Randy Moss clips saved on disks and watch them like once a week. Almost makes me wanna cry watching those and knowing that it will never happen in a Vikes jersey again. :,-(

Actually, I more than live in South Carolina. I attend the same high school he graduated from and know his godfather pretty well. The other day when I was there for registration he claimed that they're waiting for the higher picks to sign first. He said that actually its going faster than they thought it would and he should sign pretty soon. But the only picks higher than him that have signed are the one and five.

In the town paper today though they aren't as optimistic. They obviously said that he hasn't signed yet and hasn't attended camp yet along with the Vikings' other first round pick Erasmus James. It went on to say that James is a lot closer to signing than Troy, as he and his agent are staying in Minneapolis working out the deal; whereas Troy and his agent are vacationing in Florida, and refuse to do conference calls to get it all figured out.

That's the latest scoop from the local sources. I don't know what to think about Troy; I watched him in college at Carolina and he has amazing speed and talent. His hands are a problem though, he dropped more than a few passes in college. He was able to be one of the top WRs last year in college and he had Dontrail Pinkins throwing to him, so he could put up even better stats with Daunte at QB. I'm just worried about him signing in time and not screwing himself over.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby loosechange75 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:33 pm

Jimboozie wrote:You and me both brother.

The anticipation is killing me! :-L

Hopefully the new Madden game will be able to tide me over.

the problem is, is that its killing just to wait for the madden game
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flockers » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:17 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:
Flockers wrote:

Actually, I more than live in South Carolina. I attend the same high school he graduated from and know his godfather pretty well. The other day when I was there for registration he claimed that they're waiting for the higher picks to sign first. He said that actually its going faster than they thought it would and he should sign pretty soon. But the only picks higher than him that have signed are the one and five.

In the town paper today though they aren't as optimistic. They obviously said that he hasn't signed yet and hasn't attended camp yet along with the Vikings' other first round pick Erasmus James. It went on to say that James is a lot closer to signing than Troy, as he and his agent are staying in Minneapolis working out the deal; whereas Troy and his agent are vacationing in Florida, and refuse to do conference calls to get it all figured out.

That's the latest scoop from the local sources. I don't know what to think about Troy; I watched him in college at Carolina and he has amazing speed and talent. His hands are a problem though, he dropped more than a few passes in college. He was able to be one of the top WRs last year in college and he had Dontrail Pinkins throwing to him, so he could put up even better stats with Daunte at QB. I'm just worried about him signing in time and not screwing himself over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2120939
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:22 pm

Well dang the Aiken standard does really suck when it comes to predicting sports. They were sure Erasmus would sign first in the paper this morning, and claimed Troy's wouldn't happen for another couple days.

Oh well, I'm happy he's signed now and hopefully can get to camp and impress coaches more than he did at mini camp. I'm just gonna have to keep reading the StarTrib here in SC instead of the crappy papers here, lol.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk