Man i can't wait for football season to start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Man i can't wait for football season to start

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Williams

Postby anderbudd » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:08 pm

My question for the vikes will always be:

"Why Williamson instead of [Mike] Williams?"

What good does speed do if you can't catch?
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 385
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lookin for a 2nd wife in Utah!

Re: Mike Williams

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:26 pm

anderbudd wrote:My question for the vikes will always be:

"Why Williamson instead of [Mike] Williams?"

What good does speed do if you can't catch?


Dude, this argument is pretty old. Basically, the Vikes thought Williamson fit their offense better than Williams.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Posts: 4257
Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

RE:

Postby anderbudd » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:57 pm

Yes, but Williams can catch!

Sorry to rehash an old post. I will shut up now.
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 385
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lookin for a 2nd wife in Utah!

Re: RE:

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:03 pm

anderbudd wrote:Yes, but Williams can catch!

Sorry to rehash an old post. I will shut up now.


It's okay. :-)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Posts: 4257
Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:43 pm

That is the question we all will be asking for years. Nobody really knows...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:55 am

What is this football you speak of?
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:37 am

I think they mean soccer or possibly ruby (austrailian rules football)
Last edited by Redskins Win on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:41 am

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:That is the question we all will be asking for years. Nobody really knows...


That reminds me of one of my fondest memories of this offseason...

Watching the NFL draft, they panned to a stadium full of ViQueens faithful when it was their turn to pick. When they announced Troy Williamson it was as if the few thousand people in the stadium had all rehearsed before the pick, because each one of those homers had the same slackjawed look of "Who!?!?". Absolutely hilarious. :-b

Anyway - yeah - I cannot wait for fottball to start again, the Lions have a lot of payback to make up for in the near future.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:22 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
M_Zimm_ffc wrote:That is the question we all will be asking for years. Nobody really knows...


That reminds me of one of my fondest memories of this offseason...

Watching the NFL draft, they panned to a stadium full of ViQueens faithful when it was their turn to pick. When they announced Troy Williamson it was as if the few thousand people in the stadium had all rehearsed before the pick, because each one of those homers had the same slackjawed look of "Who!?!?". Absolutely hilarious. :-b

Anyway - yeah - I cannot wait for fottball to start again, the Lions have a lot of payback to make up for in the near future.


At least they made their pick in time right?

Of course they could have missed their turn and still drafted Williamson later on I suppose. :-b
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:39 am

Every year I go through the post-season blues, until that first game rolls around and I realize I'm a Bear fan and mutter to myself, "This is the crap I waited all summer for?"
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:04 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact