Man i can't wait for football season to start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man i can't wait for football season to start

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:54 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
M_Zimm_ffc wrote:That is the question we all will be asking for years. Nobody really knows...

That reminds me of one of my fondest memories of this offseason...

Watching the NFL draft, they panned to a stadium full of ViQueens faithful when it was their turn to pick. When they announced Troy Williamson it was as if the few thousand people in the stadium had all rehearsed before the pick, because each one of those homers had the same slackjawed look of "Who!?!?". Absolutely hilarious. :-b

Anyway - yeah - I cannot wait for fottball to start again, the Lions have a lot of payback to make up for in the near future.

At least they made their pick in time right?

Of course they could have missed their turn and still drafted Williamson later on I suppose. :-b
I'm still convinced they could have gotten him at 18. I wanted Derrick Johnson at 7 personally. It's not like they can actually expect our team to improve by trading away the best WR in the NFL for a lesser one. Unless they actually believe that Troy is better than Moss, in which case I wanna know what they're smokin and where they got it. It just doesn't make sense to me to trade a WR for a lesser WR, and if so, make it Mike Williams.

And this is coming from a person who is a student at the same HS Troy graduated from, and a South Carolina fan. So of all people I should be a fan of Troy's.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:58 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Every year I go through the post-season blues, until that first game rolls around and I realize I'm a Bear fan and mutter to myself, "This is the crap I waited all summer for?"

Yeah that works for Lions fans too. This year will be different for Lions fans ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk