Charles Rogers is confident - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers is confident

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:22 am

The best WR on that team is going to be the guy that actually plays a full season. ;-7 While Roy makes some amazing catches, I agree with the concensus around here that Rogers appears to be the better receiver. Of course, 6 games isn't much of a barometer, but as it's all speculation at this point, you can only go by what you've seen. Allegedly.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:48 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

Too bad you still don't have anybody to throw any of them the ball...

*low blow... Sorry...

Not necessarily a low blow...you have three great receivers but one QB who has never been very good and another who used to be good but not lately. Detroit receivers would have done better last year with a QB who could deliver the ball. Besides injuries, the QB is a major question mark.

So - you think an injured Az Hakim, an injured Tai Streets, and Roy the rookie - who was also injured half the season would have done better with a better QB? Maybe - but lets put it into context: even injured, those were the best 3 WRs Joey has had in his career. Dont forget, last yr was also the first time he's had any type of running game, and even that was only for half the season. Im willing to bet Joey is a much better QB than most people think.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
So - you think an injured Az Hakim, an injured Tai Streets, and Roy the rookie - who was also injured half the season would have done better with a better QB?

Well, yeah, I think all receivers would benefit from a better QB. Harrington will also benefit from better receivers, the question is how much. You've seen Harrington more than I have, but what I saw was not a good QB with bad receivers, it was a QB with problems of his own.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk