BJ Sams - Baltimore returner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BJ Sams - Baltimore returner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

BJ Sams - Baltimore returner?

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:21 am

Okay - I am joining a new salary based league with the draft upcoming and I was looking at some cheap players to fill the roster in case I go a little spend-crazy at the top...

This league gives 20yd/pt and 8 pts for TDs in the return game - and from what I can see Sams had like 95% of the Ravens return yards last year (1826 of 1880) - does anybody know if that looks to be the plan again this year or if they have anybody else lined up to return for them? He is at the league minimum as far as cost goes so I was thinking of him as a possible filler for bye weeks and such - maybe even as a double-dip if I take the Baltimore D (although not likely)?

Help a brutha out yo...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:31 am

He will be taking almost all of the return duties. They are also putting in a few offensive plays for him.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:17 pm

yeah he will be the main guy again this year..although last year they had him slated at the RB position rather than the WR, so he wasnt as valuable slotting him in over your starters.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:28 pm

Pete123444 wrote:He will be taking almost all of the return duties. They are also putting in a few offensive plays for him.

he is the main return man this season but he will be in on no offensive plays this season, too much other talent.

a guy to watch though is a young return man from the mountain west 2003 draft. derek abney held most of the major return records when he was in college and we drafted him late just for this reason, as we had bad luck with returners ever since jermaine lewis left (see lamont brightful). he is short and not a great WR so watch for him to compete for the PR/KR position as sams tapered off the last half of the season...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TitaniumTitan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:06 pm

Yeah, Sams has the job

Thanks Joshy and CrimDogg for there awesome sigs.
TitaniumTitan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: In the future, five years ahead. When the Titans actually win the superbowl..

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:48 am

deluxe_247 wrote:yeah he will be the main guy again this year..although last year they had him slated at the RB position rather than the WR, so he wasnt as valuable slotting him in over your starters.

Well - for the most part he would be riding the pine for me anyway - I'm looking for cheap value for bye weeks and such more than a full-time starter...

Thanks for the heads-up on the possible issue with Abney Rayvins...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk