Police Standoff In My Town... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Police Standoff In My Town...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Police Standoff In My Town...

Postby Dirt Bag » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:12 pm

http://www.krwc1360.com

Buffalo Police Involved in Standoff

Buffalo Police officials continue to be involved in a standoff with an individual in the downtown Buffalo area. Buffalo Police Chief Mitch Weinzetl tells KRWC News that an individual has been holed up in a residence near the area of 4th Avenue Northeast and Division Street. The Chief says a person described as “potentially suicidal” has had a long dialogue with police since around 5 o'clock Monday afternoon. Though no specific information on any threats the person may have made against themselves or others has been released, Chief Weinzetl says that a few homes in that area have been evacuated as a precaution. Barricades are in place blocking traffic in the area and Chief Weinzetl asks all drivers to respect those barricades and stay away from the area.
Officials say though they are taking the situation seriously, no injuries of any kind have been incurred.

i guess its not really big news, but its the biggest thing to happen in my town in the past few years, kinda scary, cus i know alot of people around that area of buffalo,
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Police Standoff In My Town...

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:51 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:http://www.krwc1360.com

Buffalo Police Involved in Standoff

Buffalo Police officials continue to be involved in a standoff with an individual in the downtown Buffalo area. Buffalo Police Chief Mitch Weinzetl tells KRWC News that an individual has been holed up in a residence near the area of 4th Avenue Northeast and Division Street. The Chief says a person described as “potentially suicidal” has had a long dialogue with police since around 5 o'clock Monday afternoon. Though no specific information on any threats the person may have made against themselves or others has been released, Chief Weinzetl says that a few homes in that area have been evacuated as a precaution. Barricades are in place blocking traffic in the area and Chief Weinzetl asks all drivers to respect those barricades and stay away from the area.
Officials say though they are taking the situation seriously, no injuries of any kind have been incurred.

i guess its not really big news, but its the biggest thing to happen in my town in the past few years, kinda scary, cus i know alot of people around that area of buffalo,

Potentially? If he's locked in there this long he's not going to do it. Maybe someone needs to give him some encouragement! Let's call in Tony Little and his Gazelle to give him a motivational speech on how to attain your goals!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:53 pm

It's normal here in Southern California.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:04 pm

That's big for Buffalo.

Every time that I turn on the Buffalo news there's like 15 fires but never any hostage takings.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Police Standoff In My Town...

Postby awwchrist » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:14 pm

Sixxgunn wrote: Let's call in Tony Little and his Gazelle to give him a motivational speech on how to attain your goals!

I was gonna paste an image of him with "YOU CAN DO IT"

..but after a google image search I found this:

so whatever.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:29 pm

me and my dad had to go to the bank which is near where its all happening, they have like 3 roads blocked off, and tons of police cars and barricades everywhere, they also have everyone within like a 4-5 block radius evacuated, i dont think the article said this but he also has his wife and 2 kids locked in their with him, pretty scary,
Last edited by Dirt Bag on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:30 pm

Come to DC for some real action :-o
They don't even say there's a hostage situation.

I didn't know buffalo had a downtown :-B
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:35 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I didn't know buffalo had a downtown :-B

when was the last time you were in buffalo?, its gotten plenty bigger in the last 2 years, our walmart/target have both become super target/walmart, they are having to build a new elementary school to fit the kids, the middle/high school both have gotten about 1/4 of their old size bigger to fit kids, population is up to over 17,000,
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanK » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:

when was the last time you were in buffalo?, its gotten plenty bigger in the last 2 years, our walmart/target have both become super target/walmart, they are having to build a new elementary school to fit the kids, the middle/high school both have gotten about 1/4 of their old size bigger to fit kids, population is up to over 17,000,

I live in CT, but the people who live across the street and basically behind me are from buffalo, all going to the samw high school, just different years.. rather interesting
RyanK
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirt Bag » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:07 pm

RyanK wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:

I live in CT, but the people who live across the street and basically behind me are from buffalo, all going to the samw high school, just different years.. rather interesting

im confused, how is that intereseting, there is only one high school to go to here in buffalo
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk