C-mart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C-mart

Moderator: Football Moderators

C-mart

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:45 pm

whats up with him this year? did the Jets lose any key offensive lineman? How would you rank him among the other rbs? I had him last year and was very pleased and was wondering why ppl dont think he will have another productive season.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turnip » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:49 pm

He's a 32 year old RB. McKenzie and Becht are gone, those were his blockers last year on the strong side. I fully expect a decline.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TitaniumTitan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:54 pm

This guy is getting pretty old, I dont think he has much left in him. Him and Marshall Faulk are out of there prime. On the otherhand I think the Jets should have kept LaMont Jordan, I think he has a lot of potential to become a big star.

Thanks Joshy and CrimDogg for there awesome sigs.
TitaniumTitan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: In the future, five years ahead. When the Titans actually win the superbowl..

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:01 pm

i dont need you guys telling me you 'feel' that hes gonna have a bad year lol. I know hes old but was wondering if he lost any o line.

turnip,
what position did mckenzie play? do you know who replaced him?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:17 pm

Last year he had an "explosiveness" about him in training camp and he looked the best he had in years according to observers. This year I'm not hearing the same things as last season, he probablyspent the offseason recovering fromt he punishment rather than getting back into prime shape.

Martin is still solid enough for 300 carries and 1,000+ yards I'm sure, but I would be worried about him producing much longer. Especially when you consider that he no longer has a 2nd gear, his longest run was like 25 yards last season. Could be hard to maintain a 4.6ypc (2004), or even a 4.1 ypc (career) without those long runs.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Turnip » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:36 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i dont need you guys telling me you 'feel' that hes gonna have a bad year lol. I know hes old but was wondering if he lost any o line.

turnip,
what position did mckenzie play? do you know who replaced him?

McKenzie is an elite tight end whom they lost in free agency to the Giants. Adrian Jones is going to be the new RT I believe, and he is no where near the player McKenzie is IMO.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby loosechange75 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:26 pm

idk i think he still has the abilty even though he is 31 to run great i mean the fact is he lead the league in rushing u cant put a guy not in ur top 10 in rushing if he led the league the last year and doesnt have any injuries yet
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:09 pm

Cmart just screams value this year. Everyone is so worried about the age thing every year, I'll keep taking him at tremendous value until he finally does fall off.

The really sick part is that his draft spot this year (after going 1697/12) is right around where it was last year (after going 1300/2).

Value value value.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Flux » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:15 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Cmart just screams value this year. Everyone is so worried about the age thing every year, I'll keep taking him at tremendous value until he finally does fall off.

The really sick part is that his draft spot this year (after going 1697/12) is right around where it was last year (after going 1300/2).

Value value value.

Yeah he is going to be a huge steal this year. Granted in keeper/dynast leagues his value drops, but he should still be solid. Matching last years #'s may be harder with a more pass oriented offense w/ a healthy Pennington and Coles back....but that also could lead to less pounding, more big runs, and a better ypc.

Like FB said, great value there, just like he was last year and like Tiki was last year as well.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:30 pm

Well he won't have the value he did in my draft last year. He fell to 4:10 where I got him. But he'll still have value none-the-less being taken at the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd this year.

And I'm not so sure that Penny and Coles are all that healthy for Hermindinger or whatever to use them like he'd like.

He has lost some blocking, that is a concern. And as far as his offseason conditioning goes, before last year, he really took it easy in the preseason. Deciding instead to rest because HE"S ALWAYS HAD A HUGE WORKLOAD. Last year he stepped it up conciously to try and get a jump on the year because he felt like he wasn't catching his stride until the 3rd or 4th game. He liked the results of last year and will do it again this year.

And the losing Jordan thing. Yes Jordan was a great backup in case, and I did handcuff him last year AFTER Foster, Julius and Onterrio got me through his and SA's bye weeks, then I handcuffed both Jordan and Mo Morris thinking that the only reason I would need a back other than SA or C-Mart would be because they were injured and then I would have capable backups in good systems and used my extra Flex bench spot on Drew Bennett instead of an extra RB I didn't feel I needed. The point is, I wouldn't take C-Mart's health for granted, but I wouldn't let that deter me away because even though Jordan is gone, they got Blaylock who also has some skills.

Take the value and run to the bank with it.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk