Kevin Jones looking strong - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones looking strong

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:04 pm

Flockers wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Millen was just given a 5 year extension. So i could see the Lions taking a QB in the draft in the upcoming year, WHEN Joey faulters.

I fixed your typo. :-D

If he can't get it done with Jones, Rogers, and the Williams boys he shouldn't be in the league.

Ryan Leaf anyone?

I couldnt agree more. ;-D

However - why have you and most everyone else judged him as a bad QB when he hasent had anywhere close to those quality of players around him? In fact, since he's been in the league, the Lions havent had even a remote running game, and the majority of WRs he's thrown to arent even in the league anymore. Add to that the terrible D the Lions have had since he got here, and Id argue it would have been nearly impossible for any QB to succeed - let alone a rookie.

Joey has his flaws, but he isnt nearly as bad a QB as many assume. This is the yr though - if he cant succeed with these guys he doesnt deserve to be in the NFL in a starting capacity.

Joey Harrington is a huge sleeper this yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:43 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Flockers wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Millen was just given a 5 year extension. So i could see the Lions taking a QB in the draft in the upcoming year, WHEN Joey faulters.

I fixed your typo. :-D

If he can't get it done with Jones, Rogers, and the Williams boys he shouldn't be in the league.

Ryan Leaf anyone?

I couldnt agree more. ;-D

However - why have you and most everyone else judged him as a bad QB when he hasent had anywhere close to those quality of players around him? In fact, since he's been in the league, the Lions havent had even a remote running game, and the majority of WRs he's thrown to arent even in the league anymore. Add to that the terrible D the Lions have had since he got here, and Id argue it would have been nearly impossible for any QB to succeed - let alone a rookie.

Joey has his flaws, but he isnt nearly as bad a QB as many assume. This is the yr though - if he cant succeed with these guys he doesnt deserve to be in the NFL in a starting capacity.

Joey Harrington is a huge sleeper this yr.

I didn't say he was a bad QB. I said if he can't get it done with the guys around him, he shouldn't be in the league. He could be a big bust ala Ryan Leaf.

EDIT: I'm really tough on Joey because I was a HUGE fan of him when he was at Oregon. I rooted for him in college and in the NFL (even though I'm not a Lions fan). He just seems to be really scared or nervous and he can't seem to pull it together. We'll see this year though.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk