Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns?

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:30 pm

I know it's impossible to predict who will come out of nowhere and be a fantasy stud, whether it is for a couple weeks or a couple months. Last year, three different Denver Broncos RBs were being drafted and none of them were Droughns so I was taking a look at depth charts trying to see who had A CHANCE to emerge from a murky backfield situation.

Keep in mind these are just guesses because anyone who said Droughns would be the guy last year would have had a hard time backing it up and I am simply interested in other people's guesses.

(in no particular order)
Alvin Pearman
Adrian Peterson
Nick Goings
William Green
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns?

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:40 pm

BeefSandwiches wrote:I know it's impossible to predict who will come out of nowhere and be a fantasy stud, whether it is for a couple weeks or a couple months. Last year, three different Denver Broncos RBs were being drafted and none of them were Droughns so I was taking a look at depth charts trying to see who had A CHANCE to emerge from a murky backfield situation.

Keep in mind these are just guesses because anyone who said Droughns would be the guy last year would have had a hard time backing it up and I am simply interested in other people's guesses.

(in no particular order)
Alvin Pearman
Adrian Peterson
Nick Goings
William Green

You think Adrian Peterson is going to have a big year in the NFL this year ?!?!?

8-o

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:41 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:I know it's impossible to predict who will come out of nowhere and be a fantasy stud, whether it is for a couple weeks or a couple months. Last year, three different Denver Broncos RBs were being drafted and none of them were Droughns so I was taking a look at depth charts trying to see who had A CHANCE to emerge from a murky backfield situation.

(in no particular order)
Alvin Pearman
Adrian Peterson
Nick Goings
William Green

You think Adrian Peterson is going to have a big year in the NFL this year ?!?!?

8-o

Adrian Peterson still on the Bear's?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:53 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

(in no particular order)
Alvin Pearman
Adrian Peterson
Nick Goings
William Green

8-o

As I said, it's just a guess. Droughns didn't have 100 yards in his career heading into last year.
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:53 pm

Correll Buckhalter....maybe????
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:55 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Correll Buckhalter....maybe????

I like that pick.

I also like:

Eric Shelton

and

Antowain Smith

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:59 pm

who does Antwan Smith play for this year? hes not still with the titans is he?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:59 pm

I like Shelton. Davis isn't healing and Foster could be broken at any time. Shelton is also the kinda bruising runner that worked so well with Davis.

Pearman is also interesting given Freddie's troubles and Toe's lack of....well, Jags confidence.

With things in Philly being what they are Buckhalter is also interesting but his knees worry me making Moats interesting.

And if you're gonna look for this years Droughns, why not look in the Broncos backfield....Mike Anderson.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:who does Antwan Smith play for this year? hes not still with the titans is he?

No.... He's backing up Deuce McAllister....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:who does Antwan Smith play for this year? hes not still with the titans is he?

Smith is with New Orleans

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk