Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:17 pm

Tony Fisher. If ahman goes down early, Najeh could do so as well as he's a huge inury risk. Ahman would have to go out for the year or something as he won't get pushed out. Fisher could beat out najeh I think. Pretty deep sleepers, but not nearly as deep as Reuben. I mean last year there was bell, griffon, hearst, and then possibly droughns, depending on how you look at it. None of those picks are 4th stringers (except maybe pearman if you count greg jones) Even fisher is 3rd on the depth chart.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby big shot » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:19 pm

justin fargas, in turners system, look out, break out season
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Who will be 2005's Reuben Droughns?

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:27 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:
(in no particular order)
Alvin Pearman
Adrian Peterson
Nick Goings
William Green

You think Adrian Peterson is going to have a big year in the NFL this year ?!?!?

8-o

Adrian Peterson still on the Bear's?

Adrian Petersen---Chicago Bears

PRO CAREER: Led Bears with 28 special teams tackles in 2004, the highest individual total since the team started charting the statistic in 1995... Produced career-high rushing total in first career start in 2003& Led all Bears RBs with a 5.3- yards per carry average as a rookie.
CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Entered NFL as a sixth-round selection (199th overall) by Chicago in the 2002 NFL Draft& Placed on reserve/injured (11/15/03). SIGNED through 2006

2004 SEASON: Led Bears with career-high 28 special teams tackles while playing career-high 14 games; Inactive Games 1-2... Gained 19 yards on 6 carries and caught 2 passes for 30 yards... Participated on special teams at MIN (9/26), leading team with 2 special teams tackles... Led team with 2 special teams tackles at TB (10/24)... Led team with career-high 6 special teams tackles vs. SF (10/31)... Participated on special teams at TEN (11/14), recording 4 tackles... Caught career-long 30- yard reception vs. IND (11/21); added 15 yards on 4 carries and posted 2 tackles and forced a fumble on special teams... Tied for team lead with 3 special teams tackles vs. MIN (12/5)... Subbed in at RB and gained 4 yards on 2 rushes at DET (12/26); posted 2 special teams tackles... Played on special teams and recorded 2 special teams tackles vs. GB (1/2). GAMES PLAYED-STARTED: 14-0

PREVIOUS SEASONS: 2003 - Made first NFL start, but played in only 6 games due to season-end - ing ankle injury& Ranked as Chicago's fifth-leading rusher in terms of carries and yards while adding 3 special teams tackles& Participated in Games 1-6 - starting at RB for injured Anthony Thomas in Game 6& Came off bench in first half at SF (9/7) and rushed for 12 yards on 5 carries& Made first NFL start at SEA (10/19) and rushed for career-high 55 yards on 16 carries with 1 catch for 5 yards, but left game with ankle injury... Inactive due to injury in Games 7-9& Finished season on injured reserve for the final 7 games due to injured right ankle. 2002 - Participated in 9 games as a rookie reserve RB while contributing 4 tackles and 2 kickoff returns on special teams& Ranked 3rd on Bears with 19 carries and 4th with 101 rushing yards, all during season's final 4 weeks& Appeared in Games 4, 7, 9 and 11-16; Inactive Games 1-3, 5-6, 8 and 10& Made NFL debut at BUF (9/29) recording first career special teams tackle& Saw first NFL action as reserve RB at MIA (12/9) on Monday Night Football, rushed 3 times for 11 yards; also 1-7 receiving and 16-yard kickoff return& Highlighted 39-yard rushing output (7 carries) vs. NYJ (12/15) with first NFL TD on 5-yard run; 1-16 receiving and 21-yard kickoff return... Carried 2 times for 9 yards at CAR (12/22)& Led Bears with season-high 42 rushing yards on 7 carries vs. TB (12/29).

Now that's what I call a Rip VanWinkle....a real deep sleeper!!! The only way this guy sees the field is through binoculars!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby confused_jake » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:42 pm

haha at first i thought he meant the RB thats playing for Oklahoma.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:45 pm

Mike Anderson of course. He's penciled in as the starter in Denver.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:03 pm

Ruben Droughns of 2005? I would have to say Ron Dayne. I bet no one saw that coming!

Seems like everyone thinks he's the perceived #4 RB on the Denver's depth chart going into the season, although I think he's the #3 in actuality (just like Droughns was).

Griffin
Hearst
Droughns
Bell

Bell
Anderson
Dayne
Clarett
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:48 pm

You have to look at who has the best chance at getting significant playing time. Therefor I would choose

Pearman - What is the situation with Taylor also I don't think the Jag's staff was impressed with Toefield's performance last year. Pearman shows anything to them he could easily move to #2 on depth chart.

Shelton - Is Davis going to play this year, Can Foster stay healthy, Goings/Shelton both have a shot whichever earns the backup to Foster.

And lastly

Gore - who knows about San Fran this year. Just know production at RB last year was not good (top 2 RB's got a total of less than 1200 yards and only 9 TD's).
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby daullaz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:47 pm

Najeh Davenport, Quentin Griffin, LaBrandon Toefield and Correll Buckhalter are great options for me, but number-one on that list would have to be...

Derrick Blaylock!

You think Curtis Martin will play forever? 30 is the magical age RBs start to break down. Martin will be at 32 this season. How much more can he have left in the tank? I could definitely see the injury bug biting this year and Blaylock taking the job and running with it.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoeyRoland » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:28 pm

I completely agree with daullaz- ;-D

Derrick Blaylock!!! :-D

I also think Eric Shelton, Musa Smith, William Green, and Chris Perry are all an injury away from some decent numbers. I'm not saying any of these guys would be Pro Bowlers, but if they take over because of an injury in about week 5 or so, I'd ink one of them in for 1,000+ yards.

However, I don't know if Gore and Shelton count since they're rookies. When you say this year's "Reuben Droughns", I think of a guy who's not exactly 'fresh legs'. Of course, that may take Chris Perry out of the running too. :-?
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Commish » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:41 am

Najeh.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk