D. davis underrated? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D. davis underrated?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby caneblood » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:55 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:DDavis will produce like a 1st rounder. Last season he had a thigh injury that kept his numebr down from weeks 3 -7. Still servicable.

But he played through it. And when he was close to 85-95% he was destroying the league. There was even on game where he rushed for a 60 yard TD that was called back.

Thank you VERY much. Not being a DD owner last year I was unaware of the thigh injury.

I usually have two tags I put on players; 1) above average injury risk (this usually goes with older RB's and players with history like Foster 2) potentially not very good, this tag gets put on players that have had inconsistent numbers and therefore either got lucky in the good games or were unecessarily hampered in the bad games. Hence, there is the risk that the player isn't as good as expected.

I had the second tag on DD because of his inconsistent numbers but knowing of his injury in weeks 3-7 removes that tag. I don't think he is necessarily at a higher risk for injury than other young RB's.

I projected out DD's numbers last year after removing weeks 3-7 (7 being a bye week). The results are a combined 2200 yards and 17.3 TD's.

If you remove weeks 3-8 (assuming it took him an extra week to really recover) you get a combined 2280 yards and 19 TD's.

Either way that's amazing numbers. Sure he can get injured, but I can't project injuries so I usually project my players as if they will be healthy all season and then will drop them a bit in the rankings if they are exceptionally injury-prone.

This just moved DD up my draft board. Now the issue is that I pick 10 in a 12 team league so should I take him at 10 or hope he's there at 15 in the 2nd round?
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:46 am

He shouldn't last until 15, and drafting 10th, you may not be able to get a better RB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:38 am

maddog60 wrote:He shouldn't last until 15, and drafting 10th, you may not be able to get a better RB.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he isn't there at 10...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby toofunny » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:36 am

If DD is so great, why do the texas keep drafting more and more RBs? Someone there doesn't like him.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby caneblood » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:10 pm

I was thinking the same thing until I read this morning that they plan to sign him this week to a long term multi million dollar contract. If he signs, that might be enough for me to take him at #10. Although in my league I really think he'll be there at #15. Hopefully he won't blow up in the preseason.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby beerman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:15 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:
Vick 4 Mayor wrote:
Battlecreek Dragon wrote:So, for me it is a factor of relative value and risk. I consider Deuce and Edge to be slightly better picks, not necessarily because I think they will have better seasons that the other two, but because I think it considerably less likely that they will have worse seasons than the other two.

so you don't think deuce and edge will have better seasons than mcgahee and davis, but you think it is less likely that they will have worse seasons than mcgahee and davis? do you think that they will put up the exact same numbers?

No, that is not exactly what I said. I think it is entirely likely that Deuce and Edge will have better seasons, but it is not anywhere near a certainty. However, the point I was trying to make was that it seems more likely to me that DD & McGahee could have significantly worse seasons that predicted than it does that Deuce and Edge would have significantly worse seasons than predicted. I was trying to provide a possible explanation to "beerman" why DD was being devalued by many.

i can see why now edge would be a safer pick but i had mccallister last year and he was a bust. could be a bust again with saints falling behind early because of their defense and haslett is not a good coach.
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:54 pm

toofunny wrote:If DD is so great, why do the texas keep drafting more and more RBs? Someone there doesn't like him.

Every team in the league picks up RBs.

DDavis is the Texans offense.

Ask any Texans fan. They will confirm it.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk