Ben Watson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ben Watson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:03 am

That is correct.

Read Full Article at http://tennessean.com

Writer Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean noted that tight end Ben Troupe will not be ready to play until October. Previously, questions had been raised about his availability for the beginning of the season, but Wyatt's piece represents the first "insider" public mention that Troupe will likely take longer to recover from a foot injury.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:47 am

I like Putzier as the closest thing to Gates you will see. He is the featured TE in the redzone this year for the Bronco's, just signed a large deal to come back to the Bronco's, is being tutored by Gates' former TE coach...

Last year he was pretty effective with like 580 yards but only 2 TDs because Patrick Hape was the redzone/goalline TE. That should change this year. Jake Plummer loves that rollout bootleg option to the TE inside the 5 yard line and Putzier is the target this year. Patrick Hape got 4 TDs on that play last year, if those go to Putzier, he's instantly right up there with Crumpler, Heap, Shockey, and Witten.

I could see him putting up 700+/6+ TD and being a late round productive TE.. Not Gates material, but right up into that middle tier of TEs that goes 6 or more rounds earlier.

Probably more comparable to Crumpler than Gates, but still could be a very nice value pick late at TE. I'm thinking this is the guy I target if I'm drafting LJ early and miss out on one of the 2nd tier TEs.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Boozer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:09 pm

Ben Watson is a great athlete and I think he will be a top TE in the next few years. He is one of the fastest and the strongest TE in the NFL. I've seen him play in high school, college, and in his backyard. He will be the next big TE in the NFL, mark my words. He might not be this years Gates, but he will be a sleeper.
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:39 pm

I like Putzier as well, especially with the way Denver has used them in the past, but I am curious as to what role Stephen Alexander will play and how much playing time/catches he will take away from Putzier. They must see some kind of a role for Alexander because they gave him a three-year, $4.2 million contract that includes bonuses of $1 million, and he isn't that good of a blocker.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Maybe they wanted the poster-boy for sissy injuries keeping someone out ;-7
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Watson

Postby anderbudd » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:34 pm

Watson was phenomenal in preseason last year, and showed that he had the skill to easily win the starting job over Fauria and Graham. Problem is, on the Patriots there is no such thing as a starting job (unless you are Tom Brady). Taken that Watson is healthy, he'll be splitting time with two other "starting" TEs.

Watson, and all other Patriots TEs and WRs, are non factors next year, because Offensive Coordinator Tom Brady is going to throw every single ball to college buddy David Terrell.
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk