Who makes who better? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who makes who better?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:37 pm

I think it was mutual too. They both helped one another out.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:24 pm

Moss helped Culpepper more than Culpepper helped Moss.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:28 pm

I agree Moss can make anyone look great, however I do think that Collins is a better QB than Dante and could really help Moss crush a few single season records this year if he stays healthy
SHOCKandAWE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The town with the BEST football fans around! PITTSBURGH, PA

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:44 pm

Moss helped Culpepper more than the opposite. A great reciever can make a good QB, at least his numbers, look great. just by being able to catch the off target passes that come his way.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:55 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:I agree Moss can make anyone look great, however I do think that Collins is a better QB than Dante and could really help Moss crush a few single season records this year if he stays healthy
I have to completely disagree with this. There's no way Collins is a better QB than Daunte, Moss or no Moss. I woudln't hesitate to bet that Daunte has better stats in every passing category this year than Collins, and that's with Colllins having Randy. Kerry's never been anything more than a mediocre QB, and his WRs have never been terrible. There's no way a guy can go from a perrenial QB powerhouse to a mediocre QB by losing a WR. I think Moss definitely made him better, but he's still the number two or three QB. Because of Peyton's record season people seem to overlook that before Moss got hurt Daunte was on a pace to break the TD record too. And you don't set a pace to break a record by being a mediocre QB. He threw 26 TDs to WRs other than Moss, and without Moss he could easily throw less INTs because he won't be as apt to try to force a ball into coverage to get him catches.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:00 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:I agree Moss can make anyone look great, however I do think that Collins is a better QB than Dante and could really help Moss crush a few single season records this year if he stays healthy
I have to completely disagree with this. There's no way Collins is a better QB than Daunte, Moss or no Moss. I woudln't hesitate to bet that Daunte has better stats in every passing category this year than Collins, and that's with Colllins having Randy. Kerry's never been anything more than a mediocre QB, and his WRs have never been terrible. There's no way a guy can go from a perrenial QB powerhouse to a mediocre QB by losing a WR. I think Moss definitely made him better, but he's still the number two or three QB. Because of Peyton's record season people seem to overlook that before Moss got hurt Daunte was on a pace to break the TD record too. And you don't set a pace to break a record by being a mediocre QB. He threw 26 TDs to WRs other than Moss, and without Moss he could easily throw less INTs because he won't be as apt to try to force a ball into coverage to get him catches.

The beauty of the cafe is that everyone has their own opinion. Mine happens to be an unbiased one and doesnt include one of the player of discussion in my sig ;-)
SHOCKandAWE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:The beauty of the cafe is that everyone has their own opinion. Mine happens to be an unbiased one and doesnt include one of the player of discussion in my sig ;-)
Being a Vikings fan doesn't automatically make me biased. If you have been at the cafe for a while you would know that in fact I'm very pissimistic about the Vikings, and generally not biased when it comes to telling the truth about their players (Randy Moss doesn't count anymore, he's a Raider ;-) ) based on what I see. Generally imo fans of the teams in discussion can provie the most insight, having watched their games. I haven't missed a snap of the Vikings in years, so I've seen my fair share of Culpepper play. It is possible to be unbiased about a player you like.

But yes, everybody is entitled to their own opinion; which is why I said I disagree with you, and didn't call you biased or anything else. And it is your opinion and choice to decide to disregard what I have to say about the team that I choose to follow. And I'll remember that the next time I see your opinion in a Steelers thread, or one that mentions Troy Polomalu. ;-D
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:42 pm

Relax! Just having some fun with you. By the way I just started using this name because it is the one I use int he baseball one. It doesnt mean that i am new to the football cafe.
SHOCKandAWE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:03 pm

So let me go ahead and bring it up cuz we are all expeting this to come from a Raider fan.

Moss made Cpep better. So this thread repeatedly seconds.

Whick ultimately means that Moss is going to make Collins better?

Collins better...? equals more yards/tds less ints. Sound logic. Its a beautiful thing.

And yes Moss made Cpep better.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:44 am

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:.... I'm very pissimistic about the Vikings....

I think Smith and the "Whizzinator" were pretty "pissimistic too. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk