Salary cap league question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Salary cap league question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Salary cap league question

Postby TheRockSal » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:09 pm

Hi.

Searched through here and on the net..have a few questions regarding getting a sal cap league going. We have two other non-sal cap leagues and thought we'd try this one year.

1. We are doing an auction draft....after the draft, are all the non drafted players worth $1 (unless bid higher)? Do leagues use salary draft guides to figure players values who don't get picked? Or, just assign $1 to each player?

2. If I draft Holmes for $35 ($100 cap), and then cut him sometime during the season....I assume to pick him up would be a minimum of $35? Or, is there some other kind of formula?

3. I've set up a league on Fanball...any other GOOD salary cap leagues? I've looked at many but just wondering.

4. This is a non-keeper league (at least this first year.) Do other leagues raise the cap after the draft or just leave the cap where it is?

Thanks for any help...If I can find a commish who runs a league like this, that would help me out in getting information.

James.
TheRockSal
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 pm

alright, i will try to answer some of these, please keep in mind that most of this is coming from more experience in baseball regarding this.

1. The way we do it is any undrafted FA is worth $1 or the minimum bid. The one thing you may want to watch out for is people added into Yahoo! (or who ever you use) it happens a great deal more in baseball than football. But if there is a late add or something then we open it up to waivers or another bidding war.

2. If you were to buy holmes for $35 and then drop him then someone else can pick him up for that $35. Atleast that how I have done it in baseball.

3. I don't know, i have always just used Yahoo and then had a forum like this to conduct business.

4. We usually raise the cap a little after the draft.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:05 pm

i would reccommend not raising the cap after the draft. You can do it that all FAs are 1$ first come first serve or there is bidding every week with 1$ min. (I prefer this)

As for the holmes thing yeah, bidding would start at 35.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk