Deuce losing carries??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuce losing carries???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deuce losing carries???

Postby RebelShark » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:29 am

Read today where Haslett said that he's wanting to keep Deuce fresh by giving some carries to both Stecker and Smith. He said that he "plans on keeping all of them in the mix". What kind of impact does this have on Deuce's stock? I was thinking that he was coing to carry the ball at least 25 times a game this year. Now it looks as if it may only be 10-20.

How many carries a game do LT, Shaun, Pries, and Edge get in comparison to Deuce?
RebelShark
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:32 am

Almost all RBs give up 50-100 or so carries a yr to their backups.

The real question is will they lose goalline touches to these backups.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:40 am

i dont see why Duece wont get goaline carries especially to aaron stecker. He should be getting 20 to 25 touches a game.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:43 am

You just put together a nice 70 yard drive and you are on your opponents 3 yard line.......Aaron Stecker or Deuce McAllister.....you make the call. :-?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:09 am

Yeah, I read this a couple of days ago, and for about 1/10 of a second I got worried, then I came to my senses. Antowain Smith is a real threat to Deuce's carries. Maybe you should make sure to cuff him in the 6th like LJ to Priest.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:43 am

The Saints have said all along, and maybe even in the clipping you're referring to, that they will stress running the ball more. The carries that Stiffler and ASmith get shouldn't lead to less carries for Deuce since there will be more to go around.

It also shouldn't affect goal-line carries as the best goal-line back will be used. And I think that Deuce is a little better than Stiffler, and may even be better that Smith. <sarcasm>

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am

moochman wrote:The Saints have said all along, and maybe even in the clipping you're referring to, that they will stress running the ball more. The carries that Stiffler and ASmith get shouldn't lead to less carries for Deuce since there will be more to go around.

It also shouldn't affect goal-line carries as the best goal-line back will be used. And I think that Deuce is a little better than Stiffler, and may even be better that Smith. <sarcasm>

Mooch, you been watchin American Pie again. :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:56 am

Deuce is only of the few RBs in the league that is almost guaranteed to see huge touch totals IMO. This is a guy with a NINE game streak of 100+ yards rushing to his credit, and he's going to get 70%+ of the carries no matter what the coach says.

375-425 total touches is well within his reach because of his pass catching ability. I wouldn't really want him to get up into that 350-400 carry range because it could really wear him out down the playoff stretch, and considering he catches upwords of 50 passes a season that's a lot of punishment. 325-350 carries seems like the magic number for Deuce.. give Antowain and/or Stecker 5-10 carries a game and keep Deuce fresh and you can still see him as the #1 RB at the end of the season (if Priest gets injured).
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby tanner » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:31 pm

its all 'coachspeak'.

Deuece will get so many carries his tongue will be dragging at the end of the season..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk